"Skip-the-La-Paulée-Gala-Dinner"-Dinner in NYC

Great Diane, still with your husband? It would be then:

• Me & my wife Susanne
  • Corey Miller, eventually with wife
  • D. Zylberberg & wife
  • Joshua Kates
  • Diane & husband
  • eventually Dan Rosenheck?

Yes, Jens, my husband will also attend. I’m planning to bring a white and a red - both Henri Boillot

I just saw this one. Subject to actually being in town (99 percent sure I will), is there room?

Erez, I am quite sure there is room. I’ll direct Margie to your query - she is the one organizing.

I can offer some CA or WA mature cabs (90’s and 80’s). Can also offer more PNs, or nice bubbles for either/both tables.

Thanks for summing up Margie.

I think I’d like to stick with 8-10 on the “Jens comes to town”-table. Splitting a 750ml on more than 8/10 people won’t give enough juice for everyone imho…how about your table Margie?

Best,
Jens

Hi Erez,

Why don’t you take my place with Jens (which seemed to be your original idea)? It turns out it may be complicated for me to make it to that part of town that time of day (owing to commitment just before), and my friend’s status remains uncertain.

If it looks possible, I’ll check back in, just in case there’s room, and I look forward to meeting at least some of you at the La Paulee tasting itself.

Thanks again, Margie, for organizing all this (maybe you’ll get away with 2 tables?).

Cheers to everyone!
Josh

If the swap works for the two of you I’ll make the change on the list. Also, I’ll keep the 3rd table available, and a 4th … if it works out that’s way so no one will be left out. After all Feb 28th is still nearly 6 weeks away!
Margie

What time is this dinner scheduled for?

Margie, what time is the reservation for our tables?

Cheers and see you soon,
Jens

7pm Feb 28 Keens

Excited to be in with table 1. I’ll be traveling from LA, getting in early Friday. Planning to pick up a nice CdN 1er from one of the many wine shops.

We may now be able to attend this if there is going to be a table 3. Not going to NOLA after all for a wedding.

Final attended

Theme: 50% of the wines from Burgundy and Mature Cali Wines with Flavor
2 - Jens & wife Susanne
2 - Diane Kessler & husband
1 - Robert Pavlovich
1- Margie Russell
2- David & Caroline Lazer
1- David Cohen
1- Paul Raghib
2 - Jay Hack & Rebecca

Ok, my flight to NYC is tomorrow and I would like to finally sum up table 1 and the wines:

Table # 1 (Theme is 50% of the wines from Burgundy)

2 - Jens & wife Susanne
we will bring 2012 Henri Bolliot Puligny-Montrachet Clos de la Mouchere and 2002 Insignia

2 - Corey Miller, eventually with wife
Corey, please let us know if your wife will be with you as well and the wines you bring

2 - D. Zylberberg & wife
Please name the wines you bring

2 - Diane Kessler & husband

1 - Robert Pavlovich

See you soon!

Jens - Although we divide tables for organization purposes, I for one at Table #2 would be happy to share some of the wines I bring with you and your wife as guests.

Jay, the reason why I have started this offline as a “Skip-the-La-Paulee-Gala-Dinner”-Dinner was that I’ve read numerous times that -at this dinner- there seems to be a two-tier society. Although we do have 2 or 3 tables I would like to revive the idea of the La Paulee dinner by a) not having any rules and b) share as much as possible across all tables.

Having said this, you are more than welcome to come over for sharing great wine and conversations…looking forward to it!

Moat likely a couple of mature Chevillons.