"Skip-the-La-Paulée-Gala-Dinner"-Dinner in NYC

Ok, would be great if we can try to start fixing the group. Therefore, could please everyone quickly post if he will come alone or with wife and what he will bring?

Jens,

I may bring the '02 Arnoux Clos Vougeot or maybe ‘07 Rhys Horsehoe (I fear the Chambolle won’t be big enough); it’s hard to know precisely this far in advance. My partner will not be with, but if space remains a friend might join.

Thanks for initiating, and I look forward to meeting you, your partner and fellow beserkers.

Best,
Josh

Final attended
Theme: 50% of the wines from Burgundy and Mature Cali Wines with Flavor
2 - Jens & wife Susanne
2 - Diane Kessler & husband
1 - Robert Pavlovich
1- Margie Russell
2- David & Caroline Lazer
1- David Cohen
1- Paul Raghib
2 - Jay Hack & Rebecca

My wife is interested in joining me.

We should make a reservation soon, particularly if it’s Keens. They book up for large parties on a Saturday night.

My fiancee would come if she’s in town, but she may be travelling for work that weekend.

I’m flying in from IN. (Though I grew up in NYC, I no longer live there.) Would one of the current residents who seem to know the place well, be so kind as to make a reservation. I’m pretty sure i’ll only be one (if that helps).

Thanks very much!
Josh

So Keens it is http://www.keens.com/ and I am happy to make the reservation. I’ll stop in before the week is over.
Margie

Hello everyone,

I was travelling heavily the last ten days with very limited access to the internet. So, let me sum up the group so far:

• Me & my wife Susanne
  • Corey Miller, eventually with wife
  • D. Zylberberg & wife
  • Joshua Kates
  • Margie Russell

So, that 7 or 8 depending if Corey wife will attend as well.

Next should be a list of wines…I have mentioned already what we (my wife and me) will bring.

Date is still Sat 28 of Feb.

Best,
Jens

That sounds about right, Jens,

And thanks so much, Margie, for offering to make the reservations.

Best,
Josh

If there is still room, I would like to attend with my husband.

Diane why don’t you and your husband take my spot, and I’ll start my own group, setting another theme. When I’m there later I will reserve a 2nd table and, let them know there could be more, because I believe many other beserkers will also want to to go to Keens that night.

That is very kind, Margie, but before you give up your spot, I should know the theme. Where is it mentioned - did I miss it?

Final attended
Theme: 50% of the wines from Burgundy and Mature Cali Wines with Flavor
2 - Jens & wife Susanne
2 - Diane Kessler & husband
1 - Robert Pavlovich
1- Margie Russell
2- David & Caroline Lazer
1- David Cohen
1- Paul Raghib
2 - Jay Hack & Rebecca

I’d like to attend. Not much Burg in my cellar but I’m happy to buy, or could easily offer high-end mature California for the US portion.

I will bring either Chevillon or Barthod from the early 90’s, most likely, or if I’m feeling cheeky I’ll crack the deal on my 2007 Volnay horizontal.

Jens if you could swap me for Diane and her husband I would appreciate it. I am certain many from Beserkers will want to both meet you and, enjoy a group dinner at Keens on Feb 28th.

I reserved a table for the “Jens’ IN TOWN GROUP” and a 2nd table that I will start.
Dan you and I are the first in that group.

See the NYC Feb 28 Offline Thread NYC Sat Feb 28 Keens Steakhouse, SAME offline as SKIP-the-La-Paulée - Event Planner - Online or Offline - WineBerserkers

Any room left or thought to expand?

This is a great idea and I was thinking the same thing while going over pricing for the event.

Robert please join the second table or you can start a 3rd with your own theme. This link is to the Feb 28 - Keens Dinner THREAD and shows whats what. NYC Sat Feb 28 Keens Steakhouse, SAME offline as SKIP-the-La-Paulée - Event Planner - Online or Offline - WineBerserkers

Hello everyone,

I just returned from my holidays and would like to check again the group.

@ Dan Rosenheck and Diane Kessler: would you still like to attend?

@ Margie: thanks again for booking the table. I’m glad to hear we will ave two tables with different themes at the same time…would love to see sharing some wines between the tables :slight_smile:

Really looking forward to it!

Yes, I am still planning to attend.