SF Bay Area/Peninsula offline - June 27, Menlo Grill

Have fun guys! Sadly I’ll be out of town that week.

Chiara is back slumming it in Paris suffering with foie gras and Fench wines.

I’m in!

Cool!
Parentheses and question mark removed!
Now, can you get us a reservation?

BTW, since no one is piping up about venue, I assume MG is good?
Also, there is finite space in the back room - anyone remember the limit?

Menlo Grill seems like next in the rotation. 12 might be the limit, but this time of year I’ll bet we don’t get to that. You making the reservation, in Larry’s name? (that’s what I did last time, that way he gets blamed for trashing the place).

Called and made reservations for June 27 at Menlo Grill with 6:30 start time.
They said prix fixe menu and I said no, we want the regular menu. She said she’d check and call back to confirm.
I mentioned we were the Larry Stein group and there should be a note about free corkage and she said there’s a note that says corkage waived forever (her words! ).

Wine theme?

Yes. Wine should be the theme. champagne.gif

I would like to come, if there is space.

[snort.gif] hitsfan

Since we are at 12, I started a waitlist.

Anybody have a specific wine theme they are interested in?

Mine may sound monotonous (because it is [wow.gif] ), but I have other Burgs with age I’d like to open.

But please chime in despite me… deadhorse

I do like progressing through wines. Last time at Menlo Grill we did that with pairs, which worked well. So, maybe we can see what people want to bring, then others can fill in gaps or bring something similar, so we have some mini-flights of 2-4. Seems like the group likes maturity.

Also, if there’s something anyone would like to try, feel free to post it. That doesn’t have to be “the theme”, but maybe a mini-flight.

Well, the group likes maturity in wines to compensate for the lack of such in the participants. [tease.gif]

I’ll bring the 2 Rieslings that I was gonna bring to Zuzu. '02 and '04 Steinberger Kabinett, Kloster Eberbach.

I’ll bring my usual Caymus. It’s over a month away, that should put some nice age on the wine.

Just got a call stating they have capacity for only eleven, so sorry Alan, you are out.

No prob, I’ll drop my Caymus off ahead for you guys to enjoy. Should I make it a mag?

I hate to be serious at a time like this, but how about “wines from Beltramos” as a theme, for those who shopped there?

Sounds good, I like it. Though I’ll have to figure out which of my wines came from Beltramos