SF Bay Area/Peninsula - January 25

OK, bring the Chave. I’ll bring something worthy.

Too late… neener

Yea, almost pointless but I figured I’d give it a try.

I’ll definitely bring a 2006 or a 1996. Or something.

Well with the exception of Italy, 06 was a fairly average vintage just about everywhere and IIRC Alsace was just a total mess.

Probably a 96 Lagrange and a 96 Moulin Touchais

So where’s Larry and George?

Sorry, I’ve been out of the Berserkers loop as of late. Is there still a spot available?

Absolutely!

13 too many? I have a lot of 2016 wine on prearrival

Dr. Dan you are the organizer; with Craig skiving off for Chinese takeout and adding Chiara we are at 12. I will ask Moira if she can she can kick it up to 14.

I dropped out of the event on the 12th, not this one.

We’ve had that many before, I think. 1 or 2 are bound to drop out. Or be kicked out. I keep hoping, but you guys have low standards.

With Craig intact, and accounting for George and Chiara, I think we are 14…

That’s assuming a lot. That first part I mean.

With Craig dismantled, we are 15.

However many we are, we will act 14.

And with outtact.

I’d like to bring a certain Port next time but I intend to take Uber despite my strange Uber experience the last time you guys let me join you so for me Port would not be risky and I have no partner to disapprove of my post dinner projectile shrubbery activities. It’s a blend of 2/3 Quinta do Noval 1962 (excellent) and one third Quinta do Noval Nacional 1963. Seriously, like WTF dude. Why not throw in some Viognier for lift. For some reason this seems the perfect buncha guys for this weird bottle. Maybe the weirdest bottle I have conceptually. (The blueberry wine I bought turned out depressingly normal and WYSIWYG). Back to the Porto, leaky I assume since you can smell the (sealed) bottle from two feet away but hey. A leaky ullaged bottle of that 1963 on Winebid is this week on sale for $2395 plus $500 commission so multiply that by 2/3 1962 minus long distance olfactory detection plus the fact I don’t remember where I got it minus I didn’t pay very much (far less than one tenth of the Winebid bottle) plus I should have got two bottles so it better not be great but very good would be nice and…it has an eight percent chance of being corked. Can I bring it? I’m asking seriously because Port on a Monday night could be suboptimal. But its wafting smells awesome in a holiday dessert kind of way which is why this is a good time to chug it, dark caramel like a Px. And the fact I can smell this sealed bottle from a distance sends a frisson of delightful terror up my spine, its siren call of extra alcohol we don’t need calls to us like…um… a siren call? Nope, heretofore employed supra. A clarion? I don’t know what a clarion is. Seriously.

Darn these pimples and my cracking voice. What do I do with my hands? I hate my parents, my school, myself. She’s so very special, I’m a creep. I stole a bottle of my dad’s SQN, let’s go to Dairy Queen and make sundaes and party!

Well, now you have no choice.

looks like I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue…