SF Bay Area/Peninsula group: next up?

Hey, if you can find a corked Beaujolais, I say go for it! neener

May bring something new and something old of Chenin from Matthew and I.

Steve, that sounds great.

Yo brah, you playin with TCA karma…

New and old as in new world, old world?
or did you mean new as in young and old as in Alan. [snort.gif] strawman

Alan I have a bottle of Frederic Emile I could bring, but don’t know the year off hand . Youngish is all I can remember about it. Any red wine suggestions?

I have Beaujolais and a good selection of '05s. I’m willing to bring a couple of those.

Ed, sounds good. If we do Beaujolais, that’s our red wine flight.

Do we bring our own glassware and if so, how many stems? I don’t have a preference.

Steve, we usually bring our own, but restaurants will almost always provide a few if someone forgets or we need extras. Every dinner/person is different, sometimes we just circulate wines around one at a time, sometimes it’s a free for all with wines on the table. Most of us will have 2-4 glasses in front of us, maybe comparing wines, or hanging on to something for later. This time, if we end up doing a couple of flights, we’ll probably need 3 or 4 glasses.

And don’t forget the group’s rule that first timers bring DRC!

Nice try Dan.

But at least I tried! [wow.gif] [drinkers.gif] grouphug

Folks, this dinner is coming up Monday. Please confirm here. Since my flight suggestions got no traction (big surprise with this band of miscreants), we’ll devolve as usual to “bring something you want to share”. I’m bringing the 41st anniversary Caymus. Don’t forget to bring stems, and cash if possible.

Edit: oops, I’m a big dummy, had it on my calendar for the 9th, but it’s the 16th. Nevermind.

I might have to miss it. Someone invited me to eat a lot of Dungeness crab on the 17th.

I wonder if the toxins in the crab will neutralize the Caymus 41st?

I’m still bringing '05 Beaujolais.

As of now all things are a go. Alan I have the '07. Shall I bring it or would something else be better suited?

Ed, the 07 will be great. I’d suggest double decanting earlier in the day, you can even do it in the morning, won’t hurt that wine.

OK this time it’s actually coming up next Monday. See everyone Monday at 6:30!

Have unfortunately been absent from these forums for a little while, but I recently relocated to the Bay Area and would love to get involved in some offlines in the future.