Seattle get-together - 2/11

Running a bit late. Hope to be there by 6:15-6:20

Thanks to Ryan for hosting – you did a really great job with everything! Everyone was super nice. I am very glad I attended. So many nice wines generously picked by the attendees.

I’ll second Ron’s sentiments and thank Ryan for hosting a fun night.

Many interesting wines with the '99 DDO Laurene, '07 Belle Pente Murto, '10 Matello Richard’s Cuvée, '11 Brick House Cascadia Chard, '08 Cameron Nebbiolo, the Barbaresco Mark brought and '13 Kelley Fox Maresh being my personal faves.

+1. Thank you for hosting Ryan. The food was outstanding both the pork shoulder and the chicken by Jim. Awesome.

The Kelley fox was pretty. The 05 Thomas a fav as well.
The huet clos du bourg - delish!

Thank you for hosting Ryan and Michelle, it was great time with some wonderful people, food and wine!

I took photos of the lineup at the end.
I missed the Cameron Nebbiolo though…it’s in-between the Domaine Drouhin and Analemma, whoops!
Not pictured also were the Huet Clos du Bourg and … botrytis bottle (producer?) from Jim

2010 Matello Chardonnay Richard’s Cuvee
2011 Brick House Chardonnay Cascadia
2015 Paetra Riesling ‘K’
2006 Thomas Pinot Noir
2005 Thomas Pinot Noir
1999 Domaine Drouin Pinot Noir Laurene
2008 Cameron Nebbiolo (1/5 of it at least)

2013 Analemma Oak Ridge Pinot Noir
2013 Kelley Fox Pinot Noir Marsh Vineyard
2007 Belle Pente Pinot Noir Murto Vineyard
2005 Syncline Pinot Noir Celilo Vineyard
2011 Foxtrot Vineyards Pinot Noir
2006 Cayuse Syrah Cailloux Vineyard

2010 Paitin Barbaresco Serra
2006 Andrew Will Sorella
2010 Delille Cellars Chaleur Estate
2004 Long Shadow Chester Kidder
2007 Betz Syrah La Cote Patriarche
2005 Osoyoos Larose Le Grand Vin
2005 Leonetti Cellars Merlot
1998 Clos Du Marquis

That looks like a really fun lineup. I wish I could have gone.

The sweeties were both 2005. Huet Clos du Bourg Moelleux 1ere Trie, and Francois Pinon Cuvée Botrytis.
Both young but showing well I thought.

Not surprisingly I preferred the Pinot side, and thought they all had merits including the Syncline and Foxtrot. Favorites were the Murto and Kelley Fox Maresh. Thought the 05 and 06 Thomas were more similar than different which I think is a complement to the 2006. Most WV 2006 from my cellar have not done nearly so well. The 05 had a little more depth to me.

Liked all 3 whites. Nice to try the Richards Cuvée with a few years. It impressed. Liked the Paetra as well. I came close but did not bite on it for Berserker day, but will have to try and do a visit this year. Worth watching.

Thought the pork killed. Thanks so much for hosting Ryan and Michelle.

Lots of good stuff. I particularly enjoyed the DDO Laurene, Cayuse, Kelley Fox, and Huet. It was nice to see you all and thanks to everyone for sharing your wine so generously. Jim – the chicken was great as well.

And Terrance - thanks so much for posting the pics and list of wines. I’m not good at taking notes, so having this to jog my memory at some point in the future will be useful for sure.

I’ll add my thanks to Ryan and Michelle for the great hosting and the incredible pork. A few of the wines need more time in the bottle, but there were no duds or flawed bottles. Even the younger wines has a lot to show. I’m grateful for the chance to try Paetra, which I missed on Berserker day, and the Foxtrot Pinot Noir that shows good wine is made in BC.

P Hickner