Seattle get-together - 2/11

+1 on sending address.

PNW - no restriction/focus on red or white right? easy enough. :slight_smile:

My wife will be coming too.
I know I have a 06 Andrew Will Sorella that I’d love to share.
Will need to find another bottle or two. TBD!

Both my wife and I are going to be working that day but should be able to get there in the evening time (6pm - 7pmish). Do you have an idea on start time?

It’s a shame not everybody will be able to make it. Look forward to more of these

Oh and Jim, it’s my opinion, but I say don’t feel pressured to bring a WA wine. [wink.gif]

OK - PM’s sent with my address.

Yes, PNW is the general theme - no restrictions. If you don’t have anything PNW to share or if you have something else you really want to bring, not a problem at all.

I was thinking a 6PM start. I have something that has come up that I am committed to earlier in the day, so I could use a little extra time to get food ready… although it will have to be a little less ambitious than I originally had in mind.

Also, I don’t have a ton of stems (and most of them are Costco Schott Zweisel), so if you are particular, please bring your own. And I only have a couple Burg/PN stems, so if you want one, please bring one.

I think that’s it for now!

Got the PM Ryan, thanks. My wife will likely attend also if you have the room.

Don’t try to take it all on yourself, organizing and hosting is enough. Let us know by PM or whatever if we can bring along food items. Also, I have about a dozen decent Schott Zwiesel bordeaux glasses I keep in their boxes and breakout for extra company. Happy to throw those in the car and lend as needed.

Are we doing blind/ bagging it or just bring it, pop it, and drink it? :slight_smile:
See you guys next week!

OK – looking to do a roll call to get a better picture on how many people to expect. If what I have listed for you below is incorrect, please let me know.

Scott +1
Peter +1
Mark +2
Carter +1
Del
Jim +1
Terrance +1
Ron +1

I am planning on doing a Cuban pork shoulder (or 2?) with mojo, which should be a good base that can feed a bunch of people, along with some other antipasto type finger foods like olives, pickled veg, bread, salami, etc. However, Jim, I think I’ll take you up on your offer if you’d like to bring something to eat. If anyone else would like to volunteer as well, feel free and let me know, but don’t feel obligated.

Mark, I was not thinking of brown bagging anything, unless you have something up your sleeve that would be fun to serve blind. Otherwise, just pop and enjoy.

My wife will be coming with. I plan to bring a 2013 Kelley Fox Maresh Pinot, a 2011 Brick House Cascadia Chard and a 2013 Analemma Oak Ridge Pinot.

Looking forward to it.

Sounds good Scott - post 27 updated.

Confirmed for +2.
Plan on bring a 2007 Betz Syrah Cote Patriarche (i think it’s the first year they made this), a Paitin Barbaresco (for a change of pace), a 2011 Foxtrot Vineyard Pinot from British Columbia (since both of my +1 are visiting from Vancouver), and one more tbd (maybe a bubbly?)

edit: we’ll bring a dessert too. can’t cook, so it’ll be store bought :wink:

See you all Saturday!

Update wine:
2006 Andrew Will Sorella
2010 DeLille Cellars Chaleur Estate Rouge

List just updated again with one drop-out - sorry you can’t make it Chris.

Things are coming together - I just stopped in at Hitchcock Deli for lunch to pick up a couple tasty items.

I dug through the cupboards last night to pull out stemware, and it’s a pretty sad situation for a Berserker. I am used to entertaining much more lowbrow crowd. I do have about a dozen half-decent stems, but I want to reiterate that it would be a good idea for you to bring what you like to drink out of - particularly if you want a Burg/PN stem. Also, if you need a decanter or anything other than a waiters corkscrew, please bring it along.

We can bring stemware. Any last minute requests for foodstuffs?

I think I’ll brown bag the wine for fun.

P Hickner

We’ll bring an extra 6 glasses. Had some guests for the super bowl last weekend so they’ve been washed recently. Thinking about making some coq au vin - easy and it’s been a long week.

Sorry haven’t thought about wine yet except Oregon of course. Could bring some medium aged molleaux for later if folks want.

My wife and I will bring our own stems. We have two Riedel OR Pinot glasses in a box we take with us on overnights. We will bring some gougeres as appetizers. I’ll bring two or more bottles plus more that can serve as a hosting gift to Ryan.

Some cheese maybe? Really, anything you’d like to bring is fine by me.

That all sounds great Jim.

Sounds good, but really, no need for a hosting gift. I’m just happy to be able to get everyone together.

We should be able to bring a few glasses.
As for wine, it may change, but we have an 04 Long Shadow Chester Kidder and an 05 Leonetti Merlot that we can bring to balance out the selection.

Hello Ryan,

I’ll need to update our attendance. It’ll just be me instead of a +1.
Sorry about the last minute change.

Look forward to seeing everyone tonight!