Sauce recipe for fish tacos/shrimp tacos

Making your own tortillas is super easy…I bought a lodge tortilla press and just cook them in my lodge skillet. I found a whole wheat recipients online and make up a batch of 12 with whatever filling we decide for that go round.

Taste. Much better than store bought in my opinion.

i also have bought once a tortilla press, but did not use it still…

I came up with a twist on fish tacos tonight. Wanting to stay away from mayo and/or crema based sauces, and because Lori has problems with cabbage, I started toying around with using kale. I borrowed from this recipe for kale salad from Aarti Sequeira which we’ve previously enjoyed as a side dish. I added chopped red onion, substituted lime juice for the lemon, omitted the pumpkin seeds, and added a few splashes of Cholula to the dressing:

The fish was a wild cod which I marinated in a blend of canola oil, lime juice, cilantro, dried Mexican oregano, ancho chile powder, cumin, garlic, salt and pepper for about 30 minutes then grilled over charcoal, alongside corn which was grilled in its husk with butter, olive oil, cilantro, and ancho chile powder. Put in home made corn tortillas and topped with chopped avocado:
DSC_7636.JPG
For pure flavor, I prefer a more traditional taco topped with cabbage, crema, and lime, but this worked really well for a healthy taco and the kale was a reasonable substitute for cabbage.

Paired really well with 2012 Abrente Albariño