San Francisco (to be held in San Carlos) - November 14 - Truffle and Barolo!

I’m fine with San Carlos. I can help cook too.

Either if fine by me. Any ideas on date yet?

I can probably do San Carlos if it’s a weekend, but it may be tough if it’s a weekday.

probably between Nov. 17 - 23

I can’t do Friday, 11/21. All other dates look fine now.

17 - 19 only for me

I am good either way, San Carlos or SF. I am pretty sure Uber goes to San Carlos since the drivers pick up the call knowing the destination ahead of time.

If we are doing it at someone’s house, perhaps I can bring some of my aged steaks, assuming that they go well with the theme. I am thinking some unaged to set a baseline, 14 days to give a sense of typical grocery store / restaurant aging, 49 days dry aged bone in rib eyes which is pretty good, and 100 days dry aged wagyu steaks which is really good. I will cook them sous vide ahead of time at home, and all I will need is a hot skillet or grill to finish them off. After that I cut them into strips and everybody gets a few bites to try, sort of like a tasting style.

My November schedule is pretty open up to Thanksgiving week.

MMmmmM…Florentine steak and truffles

San Carlos is fine. I think I could even stretch it out San Jose for what’s on the menu.
flo-steak3b.jpg

Yes, of course to San Carlos.

Yes to San Carlos, would be passing through SF and could pick up and transport others along the way.

Open to anywhere for truffles. Had the pleasure of going with the dogs in Italy. Also helped out a friend who was organizing white truffle dinners in San Francisco ages ago. Can also help with cooking! Put me down for 2 spots please.

For Chiara and I it would be best to have it on either the 14th (Fri) or 15th (Sat).

Tentative Menu

Amuse bouche
White truffle risotto
A course with polenta/egg/potato dish
Veal
Cheeses
Dessert
Coffee (have a Jura machine that will do decaf) and grappa

Couple of questions: anyone have objection to veal? And the follow on is do you have objections to uncooked meat? A crudo or carpaccio is a classic. We frequently make tartares at home and source from Pape’s in Burlingame. Otherwise we can do a cooked veal dish, which will also be fine for white truffles.

21st best for me, but can do 17-23.

24th and 21st.

If Chiara and Andrew prefer 14th and 15th, let’s try to choose from these dates. Unless anybody is suggesting another venue. It’s almost like the restaurant doesn’t open on Tuesdays and we insist to go there on Tuesday. [head-bang.gif]

14th is better for me.

Weekends are easier for us logistically, but also we thought a Fri or Sat night would be easier for those commuting either City or East/South Bay :slight_smile:

Friday is best for me, so 11/14 or 21.

If it’s a Friday, I probably can’t get down there until 7PM at the earliest, maybe 8 if I get held up at work. But I’m on the waitlist, so maybe won’t be going at all…

It’s okay. We’ll jot you down for dessert wine.

Late to the thread, but would love to join.
I might have one bottle of Italian…
Wait list please.