San Francisco - October 24 Dinner - Glenn and Mel in SF

Now we just have to find a restaurant… [pwn.gif]

Finally getting somewhere here. Called “The Palace” and they can accommodate even up to 10 people on Friday, the 24th. If some of you guys remember, we had an offline here last February and the food was pretty good. They still have the tasting menu for $50 (5 courses) but since they now have their alcohol license, they will be charging us corkage this time. It will be $15 per person, flat fee. That means if someone wants to bring a magnum or two bottles, they will only have to pay $15 no matter what.

Please confirm if you guys want to push through with this venue, again Friday is a hard day to get so we have to probably book something sooner than later. Also they will be asking for my credit card in order to reserve the spot so please confirm ONLY if you are sure you can attend. Below is a link to their Yelp page.

We will need to also decide whether or not we reserve for 8 or 10 people. Please chime in as soon as you can.

please take me off the list. I’ll be in Virginia. yay…

Sounds good to me. I’ll probably have a couple of bottles.

I wont be able to come any longer - change in my travel schedule. Sorry gang. Was really hoping to meet Glen and Mel too. :frowning:

Thanks for that Joel; my birthday is Halloween so I will definitely attend and get my festivities started. I too will bring either two bottles or a magnum. Is there any wine theme?

Considering the corkage set-up I’m thinking Mags are the theme!

I can go Chablis Mag if place has good seafood or great Pinot for courses before beast.

The Palace reservation has been confirmed. Table for 10 on October 24, Friday at 7 PM. They will have wine glasses but she said probably only 2 per person (not 3-6 glasses). They are decent but not Riedels, so bring your own if you want. I will bring my own stems just to be sure.

9 out of 10 have confirmed, so now we just decide on a theme (or no theme). Unfortunately I do not have a single magnum in my cellar…

I have a few but I’m not sure if that’s a good idea - if everybody brought a magnum wouldn’t that be way too much wine? Even when everybody just brings a 750ml it’s rare that all the bottles are emptied.

Each couple bring a Mag?

Not a mag buyer, so will bring regular 750s. Do we have a theme, or is it just “bring something you like”? That usually works pretty well, I’d be happy with it!

How about wines from wine regions starting the letter “B”… [wink.gif] [wink.gif]

Great! I think I have one or two Bosnian wines. Checking my list for Botswana, Brazil, Bolivia, Bulgaria, Belarus…

BTW, we are planning on doing the tasting menu, $50 per head. Anyone here have any dietary restrictions? Sample menu from a recent Yelp review, subject to change of course:

• Amuse: ahi tuna and seaweed salad with truffled caviar and salsa de ajo.

• Arepa with veal sweetbreads, boconcini, avocado:

• Lobster tail with mussels, pickled cauliflower:

• Yucca gnocchi with balsamic porcini reduction:

• Grilled lamb chop with Venezuelan chimichurri, zucchini purée, and a special red pepper:

• Filet mignon: served with fried artichoke.

Correction, I do not think they have ala carte, they only have the tasting menu.

Yup - I don’t eat pork. Do you know if they’re flexible?

Ok. I will ask if they can accommodate. Anyone else? I will call tomorrow afternoon so please chime in before then if you have any dietary restrictions.

The menu sounds awesome!

Richard - called them and they said they can accommodate, hopefully they remember :smiley:

Rich - yup, even though it is an old menu, seems like the food is going to be great

Now, what is our wine theme? Seriously this time. [berserker.gif]

Unless we are red-heavy I will bring a mag domestic Pinot or Cab Sav.

I think I saw Glenn oohing over an Austrian Riesling somewhere, I’d like to bring one of those, and I’ll find something else, maybe a white Burg?