Rudy's Auction

That’s a good point. I bet they destroyed them though.

I’m with Jay…I’d like to have a bottle in my cellar as a piece of history. However, I wouldn’t be willing to pay more than a few dollars for something that I never planned on opening.

Bill

I get the point, even with that being said these still look like crappy wines. They are way past their sell by date in most cases

That is certainly true in many cases.

Would the sparkling wines be suspect? Seems like they might be worth a run and that they would be more difficult to screw with.

Again, lots of 1996 Clos des Goisses listed. Probably authentic. But well-stored?

Did Rudy fake Champagne? If so, how did he retain the carbonation?

You have something called sodastream in the US ?

Basically a CO2 cartridge that injects gas into any liquid, sure it would work on Champagne

(Surprised no one’s already asked this but, do these come with labels or do I have to order them separately myself from Rudy’s brother in Singapore?)

I’d like to try a couple of the fakes and actually drink them. He was considered one of the best blenders of our time, no?

absolutely. that and to have authentic glass bottles to be re-filled

This is the like the Madoff auction. Seems strange to be buying these.

Why? Auctions like these benefit the victims of crime.

I know, it’s just a strange vibe to it.

I dunno, I would take a run at some of the champagne if the reserves werent so damn high… and I had an alcohol license and could bid.

Very apropos that this is happening in Texas.

Not so sure, didn’t Allen Meadows and many others love Rudy wines at those legendary tasting extravaganzas?

These are the wines! :wink:

inventory list with starting prices… fascinating.

http://www.txauction.com/forms/Inventory%20List%2012-8-15.pdf

So Walt, what ya buyin’ ?

I’d actually love to be able to bid in that auction. Ah well.