Rougeard dinner at Absinthe in SF

En route as well, only 640 miles, so Matt beats me.

Looking forward to it! I’m going to have to stay a little later then expected at work but should be out by 6:30. Will head over straight after.

7pm is the start time, correct?

yes

Hi guys,

Sorry I didn’t write back earlier. So there is room for me right? I am leaving from Redwood City and will aim to be at Absinthe by 7pm.

Look forward to meeting everyone.

Anna

Yes Anna, we’re confirmed for 7pm. Sorry about the delay in responding - they just confirmed a few hours ago, and I forgot to post that we’re good to go.

had a lot of fun last night. thought the 2006/2007 Poyeaux both showed really well. The 2006 Bourg had beautiful, classic aromatics, but the palate was still very firm (it had been opened for about 6 hours before we drank it).

thanks for organizing Chris, and i hope to see y’all again soon.

that was indeed fun. I put in notes in CT but I’ll wait to post here until i get the pics uploaded.

oh and as a follow up, vinopolis has

J CHRISTOFFEL JR ERDEN TREPPCHEN AUSLESE*** 2001 $39.00
J CHRISTOFFEL JR URZIGER WURZ AUSLESE*** 2001 $39.00

It was great to meet everyone! I had never tried any Clos Rougeard before, so this was all a new experience. I think the 2007 Bourg was my stunner of the night with some intense spicy aromatics and velvet texture on the palate. The 2006 Poyeaux was my runner-up. From the non-Rougeard wines, I loved the Havens and Peter Michael.

Had a great time with you all last night. My favorite nose of the night was the Bourg. The palate was really tight, but when it opens up and delivers on the promise made by that nose, I imagine it will be pretty incredible.

After that, I thought the 2007 Poyeux was excellent. 1996 Haven and 1996 Pavots performed really well and everything else was very good, happy to taste them.

Kudos to Absinthe for the good food and excellent service.

Thanks to Chris for organizing.

Great to see all of you. Of the Rougeards, my favorites were 06 Poyeaux and 07 Bourg. Some other highlights were the Pavots, the Champagne and the 76 BA. Thanks to all of you for the great wines and company!

Thanks to everyone for attending and bringing such great wines. There were not any duds, and it was great to try a mix of new and old world wines.

The 07 Bourg and the Pavots were my favorites.

Looking forward to more offlines with folks from the bay area!