Rougeard dinner at Absinthe in SF

happy to bring a bottle each of the 2006 & 2007 Poyeaux - could be fun to buy the other two Poyeaux off the list and do a 4-bottle vertical…

and corkage is $20 per bottle?

I just spoke with them - here’s an update:

Corkage is $20 / bottle, but they will waive for each bottle we buy off the list.

There’s a max of 2 BYO bottles per table. I get the feeling this might be negotiable, but I wanted to wait and see what we’re actually going to bring before I ask.

Their wine director is going to get back to me in the next few days about which Rougeard wines are actually in stock. Apparently the online list is not 100% accurate - some stuff is no longer there, and there might be some new wines added as well.

I’m interested. I have no Rougeard, but I have quite a few bottles of both old world and new world Cab Franc including 100% Cab Franc from Loire, Italy, and California as well as red blends with significant % of Cab Franc from France, Italy and California.

Put me down as tentative please.

Hi all,

Apologies for the silence on my end. Here’s what I’d like to propose for the Rougeard:

• A four vintage vertical of Les Poyeux 2006-2009. Matt L has generously offered to bring both the 06 and 07, so 08/09 will be off the list
  • A single bottle of 2007 Bourg

Then I think everyone else is bringing a bottle of Cab Franc-based wine.

The total wine tab per person is going to be $105 if we have six people*. This is a pretty great deal to try a lot of Rougeard + a sampling of Cab Francs from people’s cellars. I’m excited!

Please let me know if you want in. Tentative folks - please let me know as soon as possible whether you’ll be attending.

*Could change based on number of attendees. Current assumptions are:
Wine off the list = $490 ($140+$145+$205).
Corkage = $140 / bottle, (assuming everyone brings a wine and Matt brings two)
Total wine tab = $630, divided by 6

I’m in.

I’m in! I don’t think I have any wine that is majority cab franc, but the Peter Michael is a blend that has Cab Franc in it. I hope that will work…

Looking forward to meeting you and having you there.

This would be fantastic! Thanks for bringing such a great wine - looking forward to it.

I am now confirmed. Flights booked.

I can check a bag if there’s something someone wants tax free from Portland.

I’m in. Are we all chipping in for wine off the list and also bringing at least another bottle each?

Excellent - that puts us at six confirmed. See a few posts above for a breakdown of costs.

Everyone is brining at least one is wine. No pressure to bring more than one bottle. We’ll have plenty to drink!

Hi everyone - please note that the reservation time has been changed to 7pm. Some members of the group had early morning meetings, so we moved it up by 45 minutes.

Also, I could not get them to budge on the corkage fee, so it’s going to be $20/bottle.

See you next week!

Sounds great! Very much looking forward to meeting everyone and seeing Matt again.

Hi I am new to the forum but I have attended a Peninsula group dinner w/my friend Cindy Wan before. I am interested in both the food & wine themes for this dinner so was wondering whether it is too late to join?

Yes, you would definitely be welcome to join. Please note the time changed to 7pm. Most people are brining Cab Franc based wines, but feel free to bring anything.

I have not confirmed that the party size can be bumped to 7, but I’m sure it won’t be a problem. If there are any other last-minute additions, we’ll be keeping the party size to 8.

Are they giving us a corkage credit for each bottle that we’re buying? Just curious… usually we don’t buy much at these wine dinners, but we’re buying multiple bottles here.

yes. buried upthread Chris mentioned that :slight_smile:

Yes, I believe they are. However, I think it’s capped at two bottles, as that’s the typical limit on BYO bottles.

bottles are ready for the 1846 mile trip west

Excellent - looking forward to it!