Rosé wine 2015 - what are you loving?

Just opened my first bottle of 2014 Liquid Farm this weekend. Ok at best. There are much better rosé wines out there IMO.

Agnitio Rose of Pinot Noir was excellent…and also the Dragonette and Tercero Rose of Mourvèdre.

Trienne rose -Provence is a light beautiful rose also. Commanderie de Payrossol is also very good.

We drink a lot of Guigal CdR rose. I would like to find some others locally at that price point to try for this summer by the pool.

I will have to check around for some of those mentioned here.

Domaine Fontsainte Corbieres Gris de Gris 2013 - still amazing. Peach and strawberry, sneaky richness, and a nice, creamy texture. Always a winner.

I’ve been hit or miss on this wine. Not sure if it’s bottle variation or palate variation. Sometimes I absolutely love this wine and then a week later I drink another and think…meh…don’t know if it’s just the mood I’m in or if there is serious bottle variation going on.

I was just up in Sonoma really enjoyed the roses from Arnot Roberts, Littorai and Wind Gap, if fact brought some of each home with me.

Bernard Baudry, Chinon, Rose - any vintage but currently the 2013.

Similarly Thomas Labaille, Sancerre [Chavignol], L’Authentique Rose currently 2013

Both the above bought at the producer’s cellar every year along with the excellent reds and whites from both.

Francois Cotat, Sancerre [Chavignol] Rose 2013. Great wine but more expensive and more difficult to get hold of.

The usual suspects; Sinskey Vin Gris 2014, Lancyre Pic St. Loup 2014, and this:

Also from Sonoma, the '14 Eric Kent rosé is throughly delicious.

Recent trip to Walla Walla discovered L’Ecole grenache rose and Seven Hills cab franc rose. These are just incredible.

Chateau La Roque 2014 Pic Sant Loup - a very “white wine” rosé. Peach, pear and strawberry. Very bright and fresh. Good value.

Picked up a couple of 2013 rose of cab franc from 7 of hearts to fill out my Bob Wood cuvee order. Popped one late yesterday afternoon while prepping the grill and promptly got on the computer and ordered 6 more. Nice acid, good fruit and very refreshing. Made it feel almost like summer yesterday here in Chicagoland.

I’ll add one more, the 2014 Inman, Endless Crush. Delightful.

Just ordered a 3-pack Rose sampler from Passiggio.

French 14s are rolling. The 14 Domaine Les Aphillanthes is a beauty. Packed with strawberry fruit, great texture. Sub-$15. Great buy.

This over the last couple nights. There are very few things I enjoy more than Angela’s wines.
image.jpg

OMG
the most incredible Rosé i’ve ever tasted are the Grand Vin Rosé’s from Kapcsandy,

2013 Cameron was really unique and interesting.

Had the '14 Sandlands, Blush. Not a hugely expressive wine, but probably this was a little early in its development.
If I buy Rosé, and it is by no means something I feel the need to have around, then I usually go with Terrebrunne from Bandol. It’s fairly priced at $25 and often as good as Tempier.

I posted a note the other day for the 2014 Kutch Rosé. Fantastic stuff.

Banshee rose of pinot noir. Never heard of this label before, but very impressive.