Rosé wine 2015 - what are you loving?

I’ve never agreed with the notion that rose is only for warmer months - we love it all year long. Domaine de Triennes is lovely spring-in-a-bottle every year and Domaine Brana Harri Gorri can stand up to nearly any dish, including robust flavors like garlic, anchovy, herbs and olives.

This :
image.jpg

I have not cracked any of my 2014 LF or Bedrock, but I have had great luck bottom feeding on end of vintage cheapies lately. Locally, I’m seeing Kysela’s 2013 Rubus Rosado at about $5 and I recently had the 2013 Las Rocas for about $6.
My wife and I found them both to be completely delicious. Maybe not the most nuanced roses in the world, but very summer food-friendly and at Sutter Home white zin prices, each are stupendous buys.

I’m still in Utah but leaving tomorrow for Texas then Michigan…so we haven’t had any rose…yet. Ml poking out at a snow covered field.

But, in MI there is Mordoree, Bedrock Ode (both 13 & 14) and, most of all, Scherrer, which is sublime.

Plenty to sip on the porch.

[ResizeableImage=][/ResizeableImage]

Would you buy up left over 2013 Triennes or wait for the 2014? I drink cases of Triennes Rose every year.

Congrats!

I agree!

I think you’re good either way. If there’s an 'Oh my God, this is year-old rosé!" discount on the 13, go! I have the 14 rolling in tomorrow. I probably won’t get to it until next week (Gamay Rosé weekend about to happen), but I will post when I do (along with pink Gamay notes).

I had a bottle of the '13 just the other night, and found no noticeable change from a year ago. I also just moved and unearthed a bottle of the '12 which I am sure is totally drinkable. I bought my 2 cases of the '14 this week, but will certainly finshe the 1-2 remaining '13s as well.

I only drink Jayer Rosé.

[snort.gif]

George

We’re pouring the 2014 Fossil and Fawn Pinot Gris. It’s a bit fruity right now but some black tea notes are starting to peek. The acidity is fascinating: it’s not precise, it’s a round, colorful acidity. Crayon, not mechanical pencil.

It’s self distributed, so check their website if you want some.
013as.jpg

Love me some “pink crack” from LF

Bedrock and Tercero so far. Both were excellent.

Red Car 2014. Awesome acidity and texture.

Thanks, Paul - really psyched about my '14. I think it does Mourvedre proud :slight_smile:

Cheers

Good to hear I still have a mag of that in the cellar [cheers.gif]

Had a staff tasting last Monday of twenty-ish current release Rosé wines from old and new world producers. As usual I did not take detailed notes, but will post a few highlights FWIW. Mostly 2014, a few 2013’s.

• Group (and my) favorite was 2014 Commanderie de la Bargemone Coteaux d’Aix en Provence Rosé

• My number two was Eugène Carrel Jongieux Savoie Rose 2014

• The 2014 Bieler is an improvement over the weak (IMHO) 2013 (This is relevant since we sell pallets of this stuff every year)

• I thought the best domestic was the 2014 Charles Smith. This makes the AFWE in me cringe [emot-pwn.gif]
    (We do not have any of the domestic small production hipster Rosé, I wish we did, but pricing and distribution make it difficult in AZ)

• The worst of the evening (IMHO) was the 2014 Seven Hills “Dry Rosé”

• Biggest disappointment for me was the complete lack of acid in the Domaine de Terre Brune Rosé Bandol (Most $$ Rosé here)

• Biggest surprise was the Clos Pegase did not cause me to [barf.gif] It was palatable, some of our customers will like it a lot

• Comparing the two Tavel wines, 2013 Château d’Aquéria and 2014 Chateau de Trinquevedel Cuvee Traditionelle, side by side showed the d’Aquéria the clear winner, really no contest

Just picked up a few bottler of Dehlinger Rose’ at the open house. Made from Pinot. Really delicious.

The Miraval rosé 2013 from our favorites celebrity couple. Holding fine, nice and bright and refreshing after going to the KC taping of American Ninja Warrior…

Just had the 2014 Matthiasson rosé on Friday night and loved it! So far this year, I’ve also enjoyed rosés from Lioco and Red Car.

Two so far. Perennial fan of the Raffault Chinon. Have had 2 bottles so far. Also, last night had the Lieu Dit. Have enjoyed their Chenin Blanc and Sauvignon Blanc. Rose is enjoyable as well. Very clean, and easy to drink. Reminds me a bit of Sinskey.
image.jpg