Rome wine shop recs?

Have done a quick search but could not find anything.

Any recos for a good placet to buy 3-4 bottles of wine in Rome? Looking for Tuscan wines, Brunello or Super Tuscans for immediate consumption.

Thnx

This is in Prati so maybe not convenient. This place is large and I was pressed for time so didn’t browse but picked up a few bottles of basic Brunello. Plenty of options to choose from but I didn’t see a lot of older bottles.

There was a small grocery near where we stayed (PAM maybe) that had a surprisingly decent selection of lower priced wines. No Brunello or Super Tuscans but morellino di scansano that was way better than the 15 euros it cost and other lesser known reds.

1 Like

Cul De Sac is a wine bar that has a nice selection, and you can take away bottles.

1 Like

Constantini is the biggest I think. Cul de Sac, Roscioli, and other wine bars/restaurants sell bottles to take away.

Check out Trimani

https://www.trimani.com/

1 Like

If your in the eastern part of Rome , Trimani is a good choice, they also have a wine bar. It’s east of the Via Venetian area.

As one of my first stops in Rome is always the Roscioli bakery for my favorite pizza in the world, I’d be inclined to pop into the Salumeria around the corner. I think their pricing might be better but not sure.

I have a thing against Constantini as their cellar (with aged treasures) was over 80 degrees during one massive heat wave. But that was 30 years ago (2003). So maybe better now. Trimani was much better at climate control. (But haven’t been there in 10 years plus, Iget enough wine at the restaurants.)

Enotecas are a great choice for selection.
Buccone by Piazza del Popolo Very cool small dishes if you have the time
Cul de Sac (large selection) stay for some Pâté. Thank me later.
il Vinaietto by Campo de’ Fiore (smaller, focused)

1 Like