Revenge of the Seattle Offline

I’ll try and make it on the 10th.

8/10 is good for me.

Either late lunch or early dinner is good for me.

Anybody got suggestions for restaurants? We could maybe get the back room at Cafe Presse, if there are enough of us. Or would we rather do pot luck at Seattle Wine Storage? I do like the lounge there, and it seems like a lot of us are customers.

I like the idea of pot luck at SWS.

Sounds as if there is a fair amount of interest in this, and if you want to have it on Sunday afternoon 8/10 at SWS, I’d be happy to host it. We are actually closed that day (we temporarily went to a Tues-Sat schedule because of our upcoming move), but for a group of this size, it’s better if we ARE closed.

Put me down as a tentative for 8/10.

8/10 works for me. Count me in.

If we are planning this for 8/10; what theme should we go with? I’m in for “wine that doesn’t suck” but I’m game for many varieties if the majority wants to be specific. What do you think Lee; any recs? I’m all about posting bottles we will bring. No mags of white Zinfandel! [wink.gif]

I can make Aug 10 for a late lunch or mod-afternoon. If many are new to the Northwest, maybe a theme of older WA cabs and OR pinots? I’d be glad to bring one of each.

Cheers,

Hal

I’m pretty much agnostic as to whether or not there is a theme, and what it might be. My only comment would be let’s make sure that there’s something there for all tastes.

That said, PNW wines could be a good theme, with a preference for older wines. I’ve got some OR pinot back to the eighties. I might own three bottles of Washington wine, all of them either bubbly or Syncline.

If this is about finding possible future members of tasting groups, I’d suggest people bring wines that represent their cellars. I brought practically every bottle of domestic wine in my cellar to a family reunion that starts tomorrow, just because I don’t find occasion to drink them in my regular group. But I don’t care if people want a PNW/ WA theme, that’s fine even if it isn’t what I cellar.

I own very little WA as well. I’m more into CA, OR, French & Italian wines. My oldest OR PN is 05 but numerous from there to present.

I’m in. If you decide on a theme let me know what it is.

Chuck brings up a good point. I too have very little wine from Washington and Oregon (surely nothing before 2007 and probably just a few cases at most), and the only reason I have any sizable quantities from California is because of my affinity for all things made by Rhys, Ceritas, Kutch, Myriad and Rivers Marie.

However, given my limited time to do this more than 3-4 times a year, my attendance is more to meet people that love wine rather than meet others that have similar interests to start up a tasting group.

Any other input as to time of day, SWS vs a restaurant, theme?

I like Chuck’s idea – theme is whatever is representative of your cellar. Maybe even bring 4 representative bottles and we line them up and choose 1 or 2 of them to open by popular demand. Could be fun, and would show a bit more of the diversity of folks’ cellars.

But I’m also willing to go themeless or with a PNW (or other) theme.

I would prefer slightly earlier… if not selfishly b/c i have a newborn, but also given Aug 10 is a sunday, don’t wanna go too late, and have to wake up next morning for work. :slight_smile:

Is a late lunch possible?

Theme - Agree with Chuck that representative of cellar is more interesting than just PNW theme.

Agree with others on bring a bottle representative of your cellar. Like Mark, would prefer earlier in the afternoon as I have to work Monday morning.

I also like the representative theme. I can do anytime that day. If Chuck is willing to have us at SWS, that seems like a good spot.

I could make this.

Tom Lee

I’m down with the representative theme, and I’ll be representing the PNW. Anytime after noon sounds good and I like the idea of SWS if Chuck is willing to let us in.