Restaurant "Don'ts" for 2016

I can’t muster too much rage over servers memorizing my order - this is what good servers are taught to do. Do people really find mistakes in what they ordered common enough to warrant this complaint?

I agree, I think one of the trends should be letting people eat the food the way they want. If that’s more salt on your food, good for you. If it’s swimming in soy/wasabi, go for it!

I own a design based business, I think I have great taste mixed with real experience in my field- but my job is to still build what my clients want… not what I think is best. I’m fine with a chef refusing substitutions etc., but once it’s on my table, I can monkey with it as I see fit!

I don’t understand this either. However there is a diner near where I work where half the fun is guessing what will show up at my table after I place the order. And they write the orders down.

The other week I saw a film with friends, and then we stopped at a nearby restaurant for a post-film bite. Rather than wait for a table, we went to the bar to order some dishes and beers there. The music was blaring in the bar area (which was mostly deserted), so I asked if they could turn it down a bit so we could talk. The guy who appeared to run the bar area seemed flummoxed, as if he didn’t know how to turn down the music or whether he needed “permission” from some other manager to turn down the music in the bar area.

Bruce

So the point of my post would be to inform restaurants to stop ignoring proper etiquette. A restaurant “Don’t” for 2016.

What next, forks on the right? [stirthepothal.gif]

loudness is a primary design feature of a Stephen Starr restaurant, more of a Philadelphia problem