Question Premier Cru?

Mags of '09 L Poyferre --STILL WAITING !( August '12) deadhorse

And now they’re closed for the holiday weekend. I have to wait another 3 days for my wine! Just when I had my hopes up…

Glad you mentioned that - just checked and the Hudelot that I ordered came in as well a bunch of Mortets and some other great every day Burgs which I have been looking forward to…too bad I have to wait for a handful of months to get them sent out.

Bought an 02 Meo Cros P today. In stock.

just checked and all my orders including 2010 DRC are still pending. I need to call them.

Does calling help speed things up?

I don’t think so. I called them a bunch of times but they still wouldn’t give me Alan’s DRC.

No. But sometimes things that have arrived are not changed on the account page. For instance, I was told a few months ago that a case of Faiveley was in for me but it still doesn’t show online as being in. Because of the recent arrivals I suspect that a container or two or more have come in and it may take a while to get everything updated.

A few bottles of '05 Giacosa purchased in June 2012 have not shown up. I know that is not long in PC time, but it’s my only purchase ever from PC and I should have known better. NEVER again.

or at least I might get some reassurance that they are still in business and hope remains.

I recently had a delivery of about 400 bottles that I, at one time, had these sorts of concerns about.

My oldest unfulfilled order with PC was made in June 2010. But I am okay with that.

Last Fall I got about 12 cases of stuff delivered that I was worried about, but it all came and it was all beautiful, so I fret no more.

Just think of them as offsite storage…the vast majority of wine that is predelivery is not yet ready to drink and won’t be for quite some time. Better for them to hold that wine than take up valuable cellar or offsite space that’s paid for. They are a brick and mortar entity with a good track record, you just have to understand their track record

I’m glad that many of you have had positive experiences with them, but obviously (from the many threads devoted to this subject) there must be thousands of unfilled orders floating around out there. I hope they have plenty of backup systems in place for there computer files. I can see the headlines now:

7.6 quake hits west coast, massive power outages wreck havoc with computer systems in affected areas…followed by:

California earthquake falsely reported, but rumors of PC’s loss of computer files are apparently true.
Authorities at PC could not be reached for comment, and their whereabouts are unknown. pileon

Call me crazy but I haven’t seen all the amazing deals that WB folk are exclaiming about. What’s the biggest bargain you’ve seen on PC currently or in the last month? I’d wait two years if I could actually find profound value in what they’re selling…

Edit: just went through again and checked a few prices and could find very little where other retailers on regular Wine-Searcher hadn’t matched. If they waived shipping, that would be a different matter

PM me…I will only buy in stock.

copied below already…

Mike, curious to hear more. PM sent.

Just purchased 3b 11’ sassicaia @ $109 a bottle. Got an email from an east coast vendor for the really low price of $175…

I never would have bit otherwise.

Using mike’s example I would never lay out tens of thousands of dollars (my wife would kill me) but if you buy selectively there are many deals to be had, just don’t spend more than you can fear to lose.

Im still waiting on 09 rieussec that I ordered back in May 2010…now past our four year anniversay. Anyone that claims this is free storage is kidding yourself since you have no idea how it is being stored.

They have had other offers lately that I would have bought but I will only allow a certain amount of counterparty risk.

I have been doing business with them for over 10yrs but these situations have gotten old.

-paul

I am still waiting on 11 bottles I ordered in the first months of 2011. Out of 29 bottles of Bordeaux I ordered in 2012, only 6 have come in. What gets me is not just the delays on some orders, but the fact that MOST orders are delayed many years.

I have greatly reduced my orders from them, but still get sucked in on occasionally on prices. They really do sometimes offer prices far below market. My 2010 Bordeaux futures from them were all purchased in 2012-early 2013 at $75-100 a bottle below current market rates. I am wondering whether they can deliver, although they always have in the past.