Question Premier Cru?

Oh, i can’t feel bad about it - if so I would have to feel bad about letting alan weinberg, out in CA, score a case of 99 Roumier Bonnes Mares from a store up the street from me in DC for 99/bottle or turning down another local retailer’s offer of 3 bottles of 99 roumier musigny at 300/per.

My 2010 Le Dome order (bought at @$79; current market price $240/btl) on its way, along with a bunch of other stuff I was assured would never arrive.

PC apologist and now a rp100 point chaser neener

Yeah I’d feel terrible about that.

Fred I jumped on those too. I remember pulling over while doing x mas shopping so I could order those knowing they wouldn’t last. I also picked up 99 DRC Riche and a bunch of Meo Riche all on preorder this December. All in now. Woo hoo.

Regarding the magnum pricing:

Last week, 750’s of Haut Brion were $275 at PC…I’ve been eyeing them for months now. Now they are $350 and Mags are $560. If they were still $275, it’s 2x +$10 for the mags…perhaps they sold through their “quota” of $275 750’s before they did the mags at that pricing level, resulting in a weird pricing overlap we see now. Just a theory.

Now THAT I am jealous about! Alan 12 - Everyone else 0.

Funny Nick! I was also driving and had to pull over to place the order. Grabbed 3, thought about getting more and poof, they were gone. Now I know where they went :wink:

Also had to pull over for the 2012 Noellat Suchots. It disappeared as I was placing my order. Literally vanished before my eyes. At least I was able to grab 2.

Well - alan couldn’t get the store to ship the wine to him - so I volunteered to pick it up and send it out and in return he “let” me buy two of the 12 bottles.

And I’m certain he already owned multiple bottles of that wine for which he probably paid even less. Roumier wasn’t all that expensive back then. But the reason I turned down the Musigny was simply because I thought $300 was too much money to spend on a bottle of wine for myself. I still do. Even though I can afford it. A tinge of the old lefty left in me, I guess.

And alan about strangled me when he heard about it because of course he would’ve been happy to take them off my hands for a profit to me.

ps - I did manage to swap 8 bottles out of a case of 2000 Leoville Barton for which I’d paid $45/bottle for 4 bottles each of 2000 Las Cases and Ducru and then swapped one of each of the three Bordeaux for 3 bottles of 1999 Roumier Amoureuses - so not too short in the 1999 Roumier situation (of course, I’d already bought a bunch of the chambolle villages and cras).

PC also been great to me over the years, I just unpacked 13 cases, all great stuff at very fair prices.

Along the lines of Maureen’s story, but unfort not as cheap, in August 2006, one of those PC email offerings hit my blackberry. Among other things, it had mags of both 1999 and 2002 Roumier ‘Amoureuses’ for $700 per mag. I wasn’t near a computer, so I called directly and they had 3 of each, I grabbed all 6. Love the mags!!!

Also loved the mags of '88 Krug that they sold a while back for $250 per mag…

Just on quick look of the In-Stock email I received the other day, the pricing on the new release Aubert Chard is nuts! Perhaps it’s inline with retail prices, but I can’t imagine paying over $200 for some of those bottlings that I gulped at paying $85 for direct.

[shock.gif]

May 2004. The good old days…

IT 'tis the best Chard (s) out there !!
Just Ask BOB !

Well, looks like my 95 Arnoux Clos Vougeot @ $119.99 and 98 Leroy Clos Vougeot @ $450 have arrived. Order date: 3/25/14. Not bad :wink:

My two oldest pre-arrival orders (from 11/12 and 12/12) just showed up.

Hurray! I’ve got some orders from 2012 in too!

Holy crap! My almost-free 2010 Hudelots showed up. Now if only my almost-free Chevillon NSG would do the same…

Still waiting on roughly 4 cases of bubbles, most from 2012.

If a chardonnay doesn’t even last 8 years (like my 2006 Auberts), it’ s not the best chard out there.