Portland, OR

$10 at Clyde’s. We brought a 1.5L for valentines day last year and they still only charged us $10.

Clyde’s house of prime rib? Clyde Common?

Davenport is $20

Sorry, Prime Rib. I live on the east side so to us there’s only one Clyde’s

$25 at Mucca, with a limit of two bottles per table.
Seven of us visited with three bottles, but we were allowed to open only two.
They would have made more money if they had not imposed the two bottle limit.
And the $25 fee is high for Portland.
But the food is very good.

Phil Jones

I’ve avoided this place because, even with a call ahead, they described exactly your experience.

$33 at Beast, per Charlie Fu. $25 at Castasgna.

My favorite places remain St. Jack and Le Pigeon: $20, waived with a purchase. True as well at La Moule, Atuala and Chesa but less wine friendly food.

Little Bird was $30 last week.
Bay House in Lincoln City was $35 when I dined there a few years ago.
Both seem very high by Oregon standards. Most Oregon restaurants are around $15 to $20. Very few are $25. The two mentioned above are the only $30 and $35 I have ever experienced in Oregon. I do not plan to return.
On the bright side, I agree with the comments made above: Oregon is very corkage friendly. In Oregon, I cannot recall ever being told that corkage is not allowed.
As I have noted in other threads, I am happy to pay corkage. I don’t even complain at $25. But I complain just a wee bit at $30 and $35.
Yours in corkage, and in wine, particularly when it is brought from home,
Phil Jones

Pre-disclosed conflict of interest: I am among the owners of Little Bird.

At the beginning of the year Little Bird, following Sister restaurant Le Pigeon, went to a Gratuity Free/Price Includes Service model.

Under a Gratuity Free program, a $30 corkage with no gratuity equates to a $25 corkage with 20% tip.

Obviously it is your choice to choose where to dine and what you are willing to pay for corkage; just seeking to set the record straight.

Very good point. Thanks for the correction/clarification/education. Last week was my first meal at a gratuity-free restaurant (which a few other Portland restaurants are going to), and it will take some getting used to, at least for me.
But you are exactly 100% correct.
Phil Jonex

Update on Little Bird: they have dropped their no-tipping policy, and the corkage fee has dropped back down to $25.
Phil Jones

Update on Andina.
Went 2 days ago. Corkage was $25 per.
We brought 3 bottles, shared taste with the somm all 3 wines, and we were waived 2 of 3 corkage.

We did an offline at Mae last night. No corkage. Great food.
20170821_204925.jpg

1 Like

$0 for Corkage on bottles over 15 years old at Canard, the new place from Le Pigeon.

Thx for this!

YES!!! I’m going to go once a week now. Kids allowed too.

1 Like

Staying with some buddies in Alberta (NE Portland). What good restaurants would you recommend that we can walk to?

Assuming you are in the Arts District portion of Alberta, numerous depending on group size and interests. Very good ones include Urdaneta, Dame winebar/Estes, Expatriate (both a few blocks north of Alberta) for more (but not too) “upscale.” Bollywood Kitchen, Gumba, Pine State for casual. Several good beer halls (esp Great Notion brewery) as well. Les Caves for a quite different wine bar. Also Hat Yai for unusual and killer Thai food. Podnah’s for Texas BBQ. Plenty of other large and small casual ones as well.

If you are farther west on Alberta there’s another good list….

1 Like

John mentioned the best ones in that area. If you don’t mind taking a Lyft slightly out of the neighborhood, visit Davenport: https://www.davenportpdx.com/