Portland, OR

Paley’s was $20 per bottle. Didn’t refund despite sending healthy pours from each bottle (2) back with our server.

The Bent Brick: $20 per bottle. Sent a bottle of bubbly back with an entire glass worth in it, still got charged corkage.

Kind of disappointed that both places also charge corkage to industry but that’s for another thread.

Serratto on NW 21st and Kearny charges $15. Although I always give the server a generous taste, only once has the fee been waived.
[cheers.gif]

Andina in Downtown charges $20 per bottle corkage, doesn’t waive for industry. Nice wine list though, and a lot of the wines are reasonably priced (for a restaurant)

Shan Dong is a Chinese restaurant on E. Broadway. The food was good, and corkage was $8!

Podnah’s corkage is $15. Did not waive fee despite generous pours for staff from each of 4 bottles and taking our own stems (turned out they have decent stems themselves though). Nice staff as always.

Across the street and also good is Full Moon Thai at $10

$20 at both little bird and le pigeon, waived with bottle purchase.
$15 at via tribunali (once waived with pours, once not)
$20 metrovino, limit 2. But if you’re bringing wine here, you’re doing it wrong!

DiCarli’s on Hall Blvd, $15. Good food, solid wine list with reasonable markups. [cheers.gif]

Chez Joly $10

Gino’s Sellwood $20 (nice list though).

1 Like

Nora’s Table in Hood River is definitely one of the better restaurants in Columbia River Gorge wine country. They have only local wines on their list, their corkage is $10, and there’s zero corkage if you bring in a local wine that you “just purchased” in one of the area’s tasting rooms.

Biwa $12 (hattip Keith A k e r s)
Wafu $15

OX: $20, limit 2 (even for a table of 10) VERY young wine list.

Dangs Thai Kitchen: $10. (Wine list reminiscent of very low-end grocery store.)

$20 a Le Pigeon. I liked their wine list a lot though.

There is a mighty fine Italian food cart called Artigiano on SE Division. They have outdoor seating as well (about 5 tables). You can legally bring your own bottle of wine and have it with your meal there. Seriously, the dishes here are as good if not better than anything I get in my favorite Italian restaurants in Portland. And with no corkage fee, this spot makes for a really nice, moderately priced night out! The fact salt & Straw now has an ice cream cart 10 feet away from Artigiano is just a big fat bonus.

BlackFish Cafe in Lincoln City, $10 for the first bottle and $15 for the second. Seafood was quite good, though the stems were horrible.

Genoa: $25, waived with bottle purchase (although this is the one place in town I’d do the wine pairings)
Gruener: $20 NOT waived with 8 bottle purchases.

It isn’t posted online, but the wine list at St. Jack is excellent and about twice retail (sometimes less), which is a mark up I believe in supporting. The Somm is named Joel and he’s first rate. Nice selection of Gamay and some obscure Rose’.

Just came back from another week in Portland. Really, you can take a bottle in anywhere. Pretty standard $10 corkage for small Asian restaurants, $20 at fancier places. Highest we paid was $25 at Taylor Railworks.