PLEASE VOTE: Keep BerserkerDay on the 27th...or a weekend day near it

I like the same date each year. There are advantages to weekend vs. non-weekend, so for me, its a wash.

Also a fan of this approach, plus we could have SUPER BD when the 27th actually lands on the Sunday before SuperBowl!

Um…this BerserkerDay was the Sunday before SuperBowl…

Yeah, and wasn’t it SUPER?!

As I posted in the ‘final thoughts’ thread, the traffic to the site was down yesterday when compared to last year, when it was on a weekday. For that reason alone, I’m certainly pushing for weekday!

Interesting. Didn’t think so many on the board were purchasing wine on the down-low…

Weekday is easier b/c most people ‘work’, so most people can find some time during work to check the site, make purchases etc… even if during lunch hour…

Weekend means people are on the road, out with family, doing ‘stuff’…

I just think it should stay on the day of the 27th… regardless which day of the week…

That is what Robert & I are saying, it was really cool!

on weekdays, wine is more important than work
on weekends, family is more important than wine

I vote for weekdays

+1

Maybe it was the sense of urgency involved with having BD on a weekday that did this, but it seemed that the “frenzy” aspect was lessened this year over last. As a result, the entertainment quotient was reduced – for me – when reading the threads. Add in the fact that, as Berserker #2 I have a great affection for January 27, I voted for keeping it on the 27th.

Agreed - because of the frenzy created while people are crazy missing stuff out at work, then desperately wanting to drink when they get home, I think weekdays are meant for BerserkerDay!

And don’t even TRY to convince me that you guys work during the week - I’ve seen the ‘time online’ for most of you, and while you are getting a paycheck…WB isn’t losing any of your attention flirtysmile

You mean peak traffic or overall traffic. It seemed to me the sustained traffic seemed higher - but I have no numbers to prove it.

I liked it Sunday! Just sitting watching golf… and viewing the Items!!

Overall, but I agree that the traffic seemed sustained. Could be that the placement of the code for the analytics is different, though. For some reason, that Google code gets messed up a lot.

Only having to remember the same day every year is certainly easier, whether it falls on a weekend or weekday. Since I am a newbie, do you always send the list and offers out a day early to donors? If not, could that have brought traffic down? If so, if I donate today, am I good through next year’s BeserkerDay? newhere

I always thought web traffic was higher M-F, so BerserkerDay on a weekend, especially a Sunday, might be tough. But if the numbers say otherwise, that’s interesting. I vote to keep it on the 27th. I could be persuaded to change my mind if the weekend clearly has more traffic.

If you keep it on the date then you won’t have to worry about it being on a weekend for a few more years. By then you’ll have retired pepsi

as far as buying goes, I bought a hell of a lot more wine this past Sunday versus previous weekday BD.
my wallet wants weekdays but weekends work better for me.

+1!

It was a lot more fun than the Pro Bowl!