Parker signed wines????

This is how I feel like a Suckling Parker showdown would happen

Maybe MTV could bring back Celebrity Death Match?

\

I’m willing to bet where the world’s supply of 2010 La Violette is being held… [snort.gif]

p.s. - I’ve heard great things about Singapore Air

Ah, but any poor schlub can make a great wine. Parker did something greater, something more. that no lowly winemaker could achieve.

They existed in limbo, like Schroedinger’s poor unobserved feline, just wines, however well made. But then Parker bestowed his blessing upon them, and they were no longer mere wines. He transformed them into legends, forever (or at least until Parker revisits them in 10 or 20 years) enshrined in the mythical company (but a lot less mythical than it used to be) of 100 POINT RP WINES! Wines, the mere possession of which make men more virile and women swoon, transcending any standard of place, reputation, or tradition. Why shouldn’t his signature grace these monuments to the transformative power of gob?

Can I get a mixed case of Keller signed by John Gilman?

-Steve

I was astonished by Parker’s response – a deeply depressing exercise in evasion and pettifoggery. (I was a big fan of RP’s who took pleasure in defending him.) It’s still hard for me to believe he’s been reduced to the “limited edition” sale of his Greatest Hits.

Ah, those nasty, nasty “bloggers.”

I didn’t see Jim Budd mentioned in this?

Is he on chemo? Makes one wonder–note he mentions giving to cancer charities.[/quote][/quote]

He just had multi-level spinal fusion surgery, and is on pain meds postop.

I wish him well - and speedy well - that sounds no fun at all!!!

One would think that’s what this Thread should rather be about, but the bloodhounds are out.

Best,

Kenney

While I sympathize with the physical pain Parker is probably enduring and hope he makes a speedy recovery, I would feel the same for most people in the same situation, Parker’s current condition isn’t newsworthy. An arrangement that raises questions of his professional independence is, and this does.

He has frequently revised his scores in comprehensive reexaminations of Bordeaux vintages published in the WA several years later. I find it hard to imagine that he will not feel substantial pressure not to reduce the scores of these wines below 100 in the future.

A major selling point for this offering is that it is a collection of RP 100 point wines. If this was done without the imprimatur of the WA, then the egg is on the marketer’s face if 10 years from now 6 of them are rerated as 98 point wines. But by authorizing this marketing strategy, blame gets shifted to Parker if there is a change.

Concern over looking bad also creates an incentive for the WA to refrain from publishing a comprehensive retrospective of the vintage, which hurts WA subscribers who will not receive content they would value because the WA endorsed this stupid marketing trick.

Will the WA require a prominent disclosure (not some fine print buried somewhere as a CYA, but a legitimate notice to buyers) that the ratings reflect an evaluation at a particular point in time, and that it is almost certain, based on past experience, that some of the scores will change over time? Maybe, but I doubt it. Is it reasonable to expect such a disclaimer from a self-described consumer advocate? Absolutely, IMO.

Are you serious? [head-bang.gif]

Keith, you are an evil blogger for saying that.

Pretty sure the thread title is about “Parker Signed Wines” but maybe my computer screen is broken.

Suckling should arrange to have cases engraved with “I’m here”

The most shocking thing here is that you two fans of the English language and science seem to be confusing “discrete” and “discreet”.

[snort.gif]

[ResizeableImage=][/ResizeableImage]

I disagree but if you genuinely feel that way, perhaps you should start a thread about that.

Works either way. For sure he doesn’t want to be continuous! :slight_smile:

I’d like to start a thread about sycophants and apologists.

Why would you ever speculate that anyone has cancer??? That is just wrong.