"Old Vine" Offline III, Saturday October 17 - LAST CALL

I can but as you know it is limited to three pies before the temp fades. The BS is portable? Cool!

It’s fairly portable.

If you are buying meat for the grill, Dana and I will help cover the cost of that.

Chose your cut:

Prime NY Strip
Prime Rib Eye
Prime Center Cut Rib Eye
Dry Aged Rib Eye
Porterhouse
Hanger

Thickness… Cut to order

[berserker.gif]

Get a few Hangers and a couple of nice Dry Aged Rib-Eyes to share amongst the group.

Will be bringing these along, and a couple of “New Vines”. Any bottles stand out of folks as must open?
1991 Ravenswood Old Hill Vineyard Limited Edition Zinfandel
1993 St. Francis Old Vines Zinfandel
1996 Villa Mt. Eden Monte Rosso Grand Reserve Zinfandel
2007 Ridge Lytton Estate Zinfandel ATP
2009 Sausal Century Vines Zinfandel

[drinkers.gif]

My two contenders are the 2001 Ridge Lytton Springs or 1994 Ravenswood Twenty Year Anniversary Edition Zinfandel. I don’t know anything about the latter wine; perhaps Morgan does. In terms of the grill, how about some Mushrooms- Portobello, Crimini and Shitake?

We can accommodate that request!

Brian, what I meant was that they could be my contribution!

D’oh! You know, I thought about that after my post. Even re-read yours but wasn’t sure. Thanks!

So… I’ll bring my Blackstone and a bunch of (6+?) pizza dough balls. I think keeping the dough in the car all day may be dicey so Brian is it possible i set up at your house early, before pickup? It’s a lot of extra driving for me but probably simpler.

For wine, some ideas for something different:

If it’s hot:
2000 Kalin Cellars Cuvée d’Or Livermore Valley Sémillon-Sauvignon Blanc Blend
2007 Chalone Vineyard Chenin Blanc
Both from old vines I believe are no longer in the ground.

Dessert: Deaver Ancient Vine Angelica (only have one 375ml)

Other options:
1993 Ridge Lytton Springs
2007 C.G. di Arie Zinfandel Southern Exposure California Shenandoah Valley
1984 Joseph Swan Zinfandel Northern Sonoma Sonoma County
2005 Carlisle Zinfandel Tom Feeney Ranch
2005 Amapola Creek Zinfandel Monte Rosso
2006 Ravenswood Old Hill
2006 Bucklin Old Hill

That would be fine Larry. There will be lots of options for food so 6 pizzas is probably more than enough. You can drop off any time. I’ll be here. Got sniped on a '94 Ridge Mataro tonight on WineBid but did score a 2000 Ridge Nervo Late Harvest and a 1983 Foppiano Petite Sirah. Looking forward to this. Hopefully it’s not as hot as today. 90° at 7:30 PM.

Looks like an Old Hill Offline!
Ravenswood '91, '93, '97, '98, '99, '06, Bucklin '06.

We could do a lot worse! [berserker.gif]

How are the taxi/uber options out there and any idea on cost?

Brian, never mind. Just got a King bed at a place about 2-3 blocks from your place for $118/night on AirBnB. There are some other reasonable places that are close as well on there and VRBO.

Hi Brian,
I sent you an email.

We’re a week out. Ordered some Flannery Hangers today. Dry Aged Rib Eyes cut to order next week. Things are coming together. Still have a few people I am not sure of as far as attendance but should be able to iron that out in the next couple days.

Current weather forecast is 79° with a 20% chance of precipitation. Hoping it is like today, 86° with 75% humidity and calm. Just finished having dinner on the back patio and it was perfect weather.

Looking forward to a fun time!

Pork shoulder, or baby backs? any preference?

The ribs would probably be easier since they don’t need the extra work of slaw, buns etc… I’ll eat whatever you bring though.

Update, Larry and Lori had something come up last minute and can’t make it. They will be mssed.