"Old Vine" Offline III, Saturday October 17 - LAST CALL

– Bump –

Keeping an eye on harvest. Invited winemakers attendance hinges on harvest being completed. Will do my best to accommodate them but need to take everyones plans into consideration.

Do we want to start talking where? Like I said before, I’m willing to host but I have a vote for something less “remote”. Trying to control costs and also accommodate a number of people that is hard to do at a restaurant. Thoughts?

Brian, do you have connections (or someone else) with any of the restaurants in the area? Mike O. could probably get us in to Rosso.

We did Rosso last time. Problem was the booths hold 10 people and we had 20. If we can keep the numbers manageable Rosso is perfect.

What about the Petaluma location?

Never been. Not familiar with the layout.

That double horseshoe was tough to mingle and access wines, but we still had a great time. grouphug

Plus Petaluma is famous for their sobriety checkpoints. i’d feel better if we didn’t have everyone there.

Bump - OP updated

I’ve made an executive decision and set the date to Oct 17th
8 weeks away, time to get plans set so those coming from out of town can shore up travel and accommodations.

Not ruling anything out as far as venues go, just trying to get a convo going and listing my concerns.

Confirming Mike and Dana. Date works great as we have to be in Cameron Park on Sunday for a family event.
Time to scour the web for some good old bottles to go against the great line-up that Brian has posted.
Looking forward to the event and seeing everyone. [berserker.gif]

Excellent!

Brian, what time are you think of starting/ending? And are we doing potluck, bring something to grill, etc.? Detert has an open house that afternoon, we would probably do that, then head over to your place (though that’s probably an hour drive).

That’s an idea. Open grill, bring your favorite grillable main dish. I could have the BGE and Webers available. Or I could get steaks and people can reimburse me. Lets expand on those thoughts.

As for time it can be flexible but hot and heavy after 5:30 or 6:00. Bedrock has a pick-up day that day and Morgan wants to come so I’ll do my best to accommodate his schedule.

That sounds great. Do it like we did the Halcon event, people can just bring something prepared, something to grill, etc.

Bump. We’re still in, I’m doing everything I can to wall off this date from a trip I have to make to Japan. Brian’s PM suggested a 6pm start time. I’d vote for a little earlier, if it can be done, since sunset is 6:30 in mid-October. I’ll probably bring ribs, since they seem to be pretty popular, and I think they’re a good match for the wines :slight_smile:

Perfect, I’ll update the OP

Brian, Sorry have to bow out, as I won’t be off intime to get to event until 9PM. Sorry to miss this!

That’s too bad Joe. Maybe next time.

What’s going on up there that weekend? Most hotels are completely sold out on the 17th.

Nothing i am aware of.

In other news:
Mike O had to bow out due to a scheduling issue.

Brian,

Will you have a hot pizza stone available? Or should I bring my Blackstone?