OC Offline @ Playground--Tuesday, 4/22 @ 6PM

Bruce, you’re in too, as you were part of the original group who was signed on.

We’re at 10, this is max and we’ll wait list from here.

Arnie and I are the only votes so far as to a theme. No one else?

I am, generally speaking, a fan of blind tastings, but not in an anything-goes format. My 2 cents would be to fix a few variables, such as variety and region, in order to have some context about what we are tasting. Otherwise, an aged Bordeaux, for example, will not fare well after a young Petit Sirah.

Sorry to say, I must drop out.

Jay, sorry you had to leap out. Next time plz join us.

Paul, what, you don’t want to drink Calon-Segur and then Switchback Ridge side by side? !!! ha.I gotc

I sadly cannot drink that much anymore so hence, cannot fully participate in a blind tasting. I have figured out a way to deal with that when you have a blind format, so, I will go with whatever the gang says.

I tend to feel the same. I think blind tasting works better when there are some boundaries. The boundaries don’t have to be especially tight, but maybe one region and/or one master varietal. A flight of Chenin then a flight of cab franc from the Loire Valley. A flight of Sonoma pinot followed by a flight of California zins. Those are just examples.

If it’s “bring any bottle that wows you” or “bring any kind of wine from the 2011-12 vintages,” then I’d probably suggest non-blind, and ordered in some rough sense. Those themes are totally fine by me, I just personally think they’re better non-blind.

Having said that, I’m fine going along with whatever the plan is.

Ok, no blind then. Skip it.

2012 is more narrow, as it may exclude things from other growing areas that has yet to be released. I’d vote we go with something that “wows” you, as even if no one else at the table things the wine is any good, at least the owner of the bottle should!

[cheers.gif]

I can be easily WOW’ed

Something that WoW’s me.

Its been years since I have played World of Warcraft, but, if thats what you want :wink:

Gee KB#1 it seems like only yesterday…

[snort.gif]

Okay, WOW it is. See you ladies and gents there.

If there’s still room I might be able to make it… Just need to check my schedule and make sure I don’t have baseball practice with the little 'uns…

Joel, I’m going to stick to the wait list that I posted about on Monday of this week. If we drop below 8, you can jump in with us. Thanks for understanding.

Joel… If you are sure you can go to Playground you can swap with me. I hate to miss it, but, my mom was just told she needs to be in Pasadena for 3 days of medical tests for “something that is not right”. She is really sad about it all (obviously so) and I am thinking about surprising her and taking her to see Book of Mormon Tuesday night.

Leslie/Joel, just let us know what you decide to do. Sorry to hear about your moms, Les.

Leslie, I definitely don’t want to take your spot if you’re able to attend. If you’re sure you cannot, I’ll happily step in. I am available after all but am content to defer to the next one.

By the way, enjoy Book of Mormon. I’m going Friday the 25th.

(Edit: Mormon, not Moron… Stupid autocorrect)

Please by all means, step in! The tickets are already purchased, and, funny enough a few people from the wine board were already planning on going and having dinner before. So, looks like I get to enjoy wine as well!

Joel, will be nice to meet you. Please just drop a note back you’ve got Leslie’s offer accepted.

Ok. Sounds good to me.

Frank, if I’m next in line and you guys can put up with me (therein lies the challenge), I’ll be there.

Wines that “WOW” you? Non-blind, correct? I’ll see what I can dig out of the cellar. I haven’t been to playground yet so I am looking forward to it…

Joel, yes, you got the details right. Hell, the group has put up with ME for all these years so whatever action you bring to the mix, they’re quite well seasoned and hardened by now to shake it all off.

See you Tuesday.