NYC "Rookies"-Sonoma May 9

Just curious what capacity for this is? Room for 2 more if my wife and I can make it?

Brian, definitely room for you and your wife. Let me know so I can confirm!

I couldn’t get the Bedrock in time for the tasting so I am bringing 2013 Hirsch Vineyards West Ridge. It should make an interest comparison to 2013 Hirsch San Andreas Fault.

Assuming its still ok, looks like we can make it tomorrow.

I brought a 2013 Lynmar Lynn’s Blend Pinot from the RRV as my second bottle to go along with the Rafanelli zin.

See everyone tonight!

I have a 2000 Vino Bambino and a 2010 Bedrock Cab. And just realized I forgot to pack stems…

Looks like I can make it tonight. Have a Sonoma Rose and maybe a white.

Have 2006 Kistler Vineyards pinot and a 2011 Zin from Bastoni Vineyard

Edited the original post to reflect the wines I’m bringing. See you in a few hours.

Hi. I’m Ellen’s friend. Looking forward to tasting these wines, some good BBQ, and meeting everyone!

Thanks everyone for coming out last night. A loud dinner for some loud wines! Great to see lots of new and old faces. You are always all so generous with your cellars.

Also, only woke up once with the “meat sweats” so that was a win.

Surprises of the night for me were the RM single vineyard chard which was filled with “Old-School California Creamy Goodness!” and the kistler 06 and 13 pinots, which went well with the bbq.

Was great to meet everyone last night. Thanks for putting this together.

Agreed, fun time. I really enjoyed the Lynmar, the '06 Kistler, Rivers Marie single vineyard, and lots of fun to finally try the Bedrock triumvirates. I had only heard about it before and now feel part of the club. And, I did enjoy Alex’s “spooky” wine.

Thanks for organizing! See you next month and please post theme so I can start sourcing. I did just try a really good Sancerre recently?

That was a fun night. Feeling it this morning, but not so bad. I liked the Under the Wire Sparkler and those RM Chards. Liked the Expositions as well.
May 9 nyc sonoma wine dinner.JPG

Enjoyed meeting everyone, quite a fun night. Favorite was the 2011 Exposition One along with the Under the Wire. Looking forward to next night out.

Echoing the sentiments above. Yesterday was a rough day at work. Winners of the night for me were the Wind Gap Trousseau Gris, the 2011 Exposition Two and the RM Sonoma Chardonnay.

Looking forward to the next get together and seeing some of you at the end of the month at Peking Duck House.