NYC "Rookies"-Sonoma May 9

Welcome Alex, glad you finally signed up to Berserker! This is a great board and the rookies meet up is a terrific group.

Just an update:
I’ve been trying to get in touch with somebody at Hill Co. for over a week. 3 emails and at 3 calls. If they don’t get back by Mon, I’ll start to look for other arrangements.

J

OK Gang.

It looks like we are a go for May 9 at Hill Co Manhattan!

I think that we’ll be able to do the All-You-Can option as well as a flat fee (or a per-person fee) for wine corkage.

I’ll update with more details after I finalize on Monday.

Hi. Im adding a friend. Her name is Shaun Cott. She likes wine and is looking forward to it.

Thanks Jesse. I have 1-3 of the bedrock exposition and if we can get a trio, then would supply one of the 2011’s. I also have a healthy amount of Peay that I think would hold up to the BBQ.

I have the 2011 Bedrock trio as well so could bring one.

Also have Monte Rosso going back to 2010 and Griffins going back to 09.
Will just add the caveat that on Mondays I’ll always be a 30% chance of last minute cancel as my wife is on call Mondays (hence why i had to jet early last time).

Sounds great. Still in.

Will bring a 2011 or 2012 A. Rafanelli Dry Creek Zin and another bottle tbd.

I maybe able to get my hands on the 2010 Bedrock Monte Rosso.

Just left Sonoma County this morning and, as promised, coming back with some cool options. Will wait until I’m back in NY on Monday to post the options. So many good/great wines tasted in the last 36 hours! Loved every minute of it.

Would love to join if there is room…

Ellen, I’ve added your friend! Look forward to meeting her.

Andrew, I added you as well.

I think that I decided on bringing one of the Bedrock Weill Expositions. Ethan/Alex, I’m happy to bring whichever you’re not bringing.

I should have the final $$ this afternoon. So far it looks like were sitting around 40-50/pp for all you can eat BBQ, a selection of sides served family style, corkage, tax, and tip.

I’ll post a menu with final prices as soon as I confirm later.

Thanks. Im bring a cab from Lambert Bridge winery.

Shaun is bringing 13 Kistler Vineyards Pinot Noir.

Im bringing 2008 Lambert Bridge Cab Limited Selection.

I’ll bring both a white (either Rivers Marie Chard or Bedrock Cuvee Karatas) and a red (Joseph Swan Great Oaks Pinot Noir or Ridge Lytton) and we can see what’s needed.

Bring the Rivers Marie Chard.

I will bring a 2013 Hirsch Vineyards Pinot Noir (San Andreas Fault).

Does anyone know if they have decent glassware?

They have no stemware, all wines are served in mason jars.

I can bring 2006 Kistler Vineyards Pinot to try one with some age

Have some older DuMol and Peay as well.

I will be bringing the 2011 Bedrock Weill Exposition Syrah #2 and the 2010 Wind Gap Wines Trousseau Gris Piccolo Bastardo Fanucchi Vineyard - a rather unique bottle of wine.