NYC Rookies 9/29

Still in. Feels weird going to an offline with only one bottle but I didn’t know if folks were going off theme and bringing anything other than the chards discussed so I just have my bottle of Ceritas Heintz Vineyard in tow.

See everyone tonight!

Great time tonight fellas. Very nice wines all around and some interesting comparisons. I am glad I left when I did because I actually just caught my train with about 2 mins to spare!

Thanks for organizing Jesse!!!

Thanks for coming out everyone! Wine always tastes better when drunk with good company and last night was no exception.

Wine of the night for me was the Ceritas, followed by the leflaive mersault…really well done.

I am going to look into some of the other BYO options that we talked about last night. I’ll start a new thread in a few days for a meetup at the end of the month.

Cheers!

Thanks, Jesse, for the stellar planning. The Ceritas stood out for me as well. Looking forward to the next one!

Awesome night! An impressive range of wines and conversation.

Thank you everyone.

Any thoughts on a next meeting?

I’m interested.

Hi. I’m around and would be up for the next one depending upon date selected.

Any thoughts on the wines? Rioja and Cornas were thrown out at the last tasting.

One vote for Rioja.

Rioja probably the easier choice as far as finding interesting bottles with age on them for reasonable prices.

I’m interested, too.
Both sound like good ideas.

I’d love to do Rioja! I’m out of town November 13-23. If it’s when I’m in town, I’m definitely in.

Same for me. Will be out of town the same days, but I’m definitely in if the dates work.

How does 10/27 (Tues) at 7:30 sound as a tentative time and date?

Works for me (though I’m always up for a little earlier if others are too).
Location? Think I’ve had enough duck for a while.

I could join 10/27 event. Are we sticking with Rioja theme? Thanks Ellen

Some suggestions for BYOB:

La Palapa (St. Mark’s, Mondays only for BYOB)
Oaxaca Tacqueria (UWS, West Village, Hell’s Kitchen)

I thought it would be nice to do Rioja night with Spanish tapas, so I called a few places, but I haven’t come across any restaurants that were willing to waive their corkage fee.

Any suggestions?

If everyone is willing to travel to Brooklyn, Buttermilk Channel has free corkage on Tuesday.

Also I spoke to the chef at Zio restaurant in the Flatiron District who is willing to do a set menu for $50-55. Tax, tip and corkage included. They have a small room that can accommodate us.

Rioja and Tapas would be great. I’m in for that,