NYC Rookies 9/29

I do not believe L’apacio offers free corkage on Tuesday. I live nearby and have gone there on Sundays and Mondays to take advantage of free corkage and the service/stems have all been excellent.

Amali’s corkage policy gives me a head ache just reading it. Never been there but the policy alone makes it seem not very offline friendly.

I love Riverpark but it is a major pain for people to get to. Also, the food is definitely much more expensive than the other places being thrown around. Not a good thing or bad thing, just an observation.

With that being said, my vote would be to keep the food on the simpler side so as to focus on the wine. Obviously, restaurants most amendable to 10 people bringing in a bunch of bottles and stems would be best. All the ethnic food suggestions sound good to me. But that’s just my opinion, happy to go along with the crowd’s decision.

Amali’s corkage policy is way more bark than bite, FWIW. We’ve never had a problem there as long as it wasn’t picked up at Sherry-Lehmann or Crush (well, the front room of Crush) on the way in.

I’m in if there is still room.

Wine TBD.

-Dennis

OK all. Good discussion and input.

Let’s do chinese again this time…PDH downtown or phoenix garden. It’s reasonably priced, its easy to share, and they easily accommodated us.

If we did PDH, we could even do the cheaper mid-week banquet menu…I was so focused on the wine and conversation that the food was really tertiary. I think that Sean and I agree here…Others?

Then, at the get together, we can discuss other options for the next event. I just happened to end up at Señor Pollo in the east village a few weeks ago for dinner and they were amenable to me bringing in a bottle with me, but I didn’t have a stem and neither did they. Great chicken though. Could be fun for another time.

So if everyone is cool with it, and there are no strong preferences one way or the other with respect to which chinese place I choose, then I’ll make a reservation for us and post and update at the top of the thread.

I’m all for PDH downtown

Gah, one day I’m going to find a wine group that only meets off the west side subway…

Either fine by me.

I am in. Thank you. Either restaurant is fine.

That is of course if there is still room. Thank you.

M.

Rich S a rookie … wuwt

neener

Lol. Come to NYC Pete!

Unrelated, I want to get something going in NJ sometime in October with the usual guys. If both teams are in the playoffs we will certainly have some lively discussions… [drinkers.gif]

Rich, a NJ event would be ideal for me. Definitely let me know.

Jesse, thanks for letting me in. I’ll probably bring PYCM but possibly something else as well.

Mary and I would like to join you if space opens up.

North Square Restaurant in the Village has a private room that holds up to 24. No corkage, great stems and service. I’d be happy to inquire. -Tom

Update: I will be bringing a 2013 Olivier Leflaive Meursault. See you all soon!

I will be bringing 2013 Marc Colin St. Aubin 1er Cru En Remilly. Should make an interesting comparison to the PYCM.

Have fun folks, I am out for sure.

Tom, I’m so sorry for the late reply, but if you and your wife are still interested in coming, I think that we can fit you in!

For everyone else, I’ve updated the attendance list. If you know what you’re bringing, please let me know and I’ll add that in as well.

If you are not coming, please let me know so we don’t end up waiting (or paying!) for you!

Happily for my wife and I, she’s be given a day to come back to NYC so that I can celebrate her birthday with her. Unhappily, that means I need to skip tomorrow’s tasting.

Unfortunately, we can’t make it. Looking forward to the next one!

Sorry guys, I’m going to have to bail, my kid got me sick with an unmentionable malady over the weekend…