NYC recommendations on accomodations for 3 couples?

Neal recommended the London. Any NYC folks have thoughts on the London? I can get a 2 BR suite adjoining a single suite, which may work better in this grouping. My wife doesn’t seem set on an apartment-type lodging and thought I was crazy looking at Essex for 3k per night. I called her Bourgeoisie. She didn’t take too well to that.

London is near Time Square. In other words, hell.

That does not sound cool.

I stayed at Ritz Battery Park last year, was quite nice, decent location.

Thoughts on a cool hotel in a hip area, a hotel that like London, seems to focus on suites.

Why is she complaining? That’s like 2 weeks of her tennis lessons.

Her coach is not invited . . . .

Understood. It might get lonely in your own bedroom.

I opened a 1965 Haut Brion that was quite drinkable so hold out hope on your mouton

Huh? Its in the mid 50s, two blocks from the Essex. It’s 10 blocks to Times Square

The suites are quite nice and not too crazy on price.

The London is a small hotel, great location, and the rooms are very large for Manhattan. Gordon Ramsey is the hotel restaurant. The place could use a refurb (the rooms are extremely comfortable, but the look is dated), but we like it a lot.

The Ritz in Battery Park is very nice, but it is a long way from everything.

[quote="[/quote]

"The London is a small hotel, great location, and the rooms are very large for Manhattan. Gordon Ramsey is the hotel restaurant. The place could use a refurb (the rooms are extremely comfortable, but the look is dated), but we like it a lot.

The Ritz in Battery Park is very nice, but it is a long way from everything.[/quote]"

We usually stay in a view suite at the London NYC, it’s reasonable for the size and view, but the rooms have become a bit dated. I think the rooms on the west side may have better views. It’s location is midtown west, not really Times Square, but also not the most interesting location.

I think you need to decide what you’re going to do. The location is near Central Park, expensive shopping, and the Modern. It’s Walking distance to Marea, as mentioned.

Meh, close enough. :stuck_out_tongue:

Keep working that angle and it might turn into a guys-only trip. Win/win.

My trip to NYC last year was a guy’s trip. It was quite enjoyable! U.S. Open in box seats, Racine’s, night clubs, cocktail clubs, and so on . . . .

So back to the OP - hey, that was me! - drop me the name of 2-3 great hotels in a cool location. So far we have London, Essex is booked, Ritz is out.

The Tribecca Hotel is in a fantastic location, the public spaces are very high-style and fun, but the rooms keep me from loving it more. I stay there occasionally because it can be convenient, but honestly the rooms are dark and cramped.

There is a new (?) Trump property on Spring Street that, of course, is the most luxurious classy f*ckin hotel on the planet – so classy it will make your friggin head spin,and only idiots and morons would stay anywhere else. Actually it does look very nice from the street/lobby, and I might investigate it if I were in your shoes

I have stayed at the Trump Soho and it was very nice. It was a great location and they gave me the hotel car(MB 500SEL) and driver when they couldn’t flag a cab within3- 5 minutes on a Friday night. There are no tall buildings near it so some higher floor rooms have great panorama views.

I prefer the Soho Grand, where I’ve stayed 6-8 times (it is on West Broadway, just up from Canal Street). The rooms are not big, but I like the location and the vibe.

My favorite is Firmdale’s Crosby Hotel, on Crosby St just below Lafayette. $$$, but fantastic.

Another option might be the Dream Downtown.

They were found to have been stealing gas for cooking and heating. Gas service was shut off and needs repairs.

Yelp claims they will reopen next year but that’s all I’ve heard and who knows what’s happened to all the experienced cooks and servers. Very sad.

A shame. And shady.