NYC January 24, 2012 Anthill Farms Winery / The New California... 2.0

We are bringing a 2009 Peay Vineyards Pinot Noir Estate Sonoma Coast as well.

Thanks!

White Wines posted. Web also said there will be a few additional surprises. Needless to say there will plenty of wine to try [wow.gif]

Brent - sent you a PM on Tuesday. Are you in? Let me know as I need to confirm total number soon.

Hi Alex,

Sorry, I missed that. In. Sent you a response via PM as well.

Brent

Allright! We are offically a full house and confirmed for 24.

I spoke with Ralf and he is putting together an awesome tasting menu. How does Striped Bass, Quail, and baby suckling pigs from a small Canadian farm strike you? Also, I have the wines for the courses above in original post, but can’t get Web to tell me what the “surpirses” are. I don’t know, but I like it. Have a great weekend, all and see you Tuesday.

Please add the following bottle to my bring list:

2005 Edmunds St. John Syrah Bassetti Vineyard

Thank you and see you all tomorrow night!

Cheers!

I thought this dinner was a very successful event. Nice chatting with everyone and a big thank you to Alex for organizing and to Web for bringing some great wines.

Alex,

Thanks for putting together this event. It was a trifecta of good food, good wine and good company. Thanks also to Web for his generosity. The lineup was fantastic, with the '07 Abbey Harris as the standout. Can’t wait to try the '09!

That was a good one!

The food was great and to drink the Anthills with everyone made for a great evening. Web was a generous host and humble. His wines showed particularly well last night.

I enjoyed myself so much that I left my notes on the table, but from memory some wines that stood out for me:

Anthill 07’ Abbey
Anthill 09’ Syrah
Anthill 06’ Demuth
Halcon Syrah
Peay Syrah Bruna 05’
Donatiello Chard cold pressed with skins (only 20 cases) - this was fun to try side by side the same bottling without skins.
Donkey and a Goat Marsanne
Bedrock Caritas

There was so much wine flowing that I didn’t get a chance to try a lot of the others - I missed the Littorai and Rhys (it was my own table, but always had a glass full).

Thanks to everyone for making it a great evening. [cheers.gif]

Thanks everyone for a great evening! Thanks particularly to Alex for organizing a great event and thanks to Web for sharing all those great wines! It was a real treat.

Fantastic event! Thank you very much Alex. And of course to Web. Trestle on Tenth did another outstanding job. The wines showed amazingly well. Especially the Anthill Pinots! Stayed tuned for another similar New California event.

next time I’ll make sure he brings our Pinot!

It appears that this offline was not the most memorable part of Web’s trip east.

Congrats!

Thanks for posting Ethan. I ran into Web at IPOB and he told me the story how he made it down to Blue Ribbon after our event and met Elizabeth. Wonderful news and congrats.