NYC - 4/3 (Sunday) dinner/offline?

RIF

If you work in Midtown, anything north of 125th Street is upstate. For some people, it’s 59th Street. The go upstate to walk in the park - Central Park.

Definitely bring stems. We can bring extras for out of towners. Mark, did you already make a reservation? I can go down and see our man there to work on the cockage. Sometimes when we do a big group and a lot of bottles they knock it down to $10. Or we can go to Ping’s Seafood in Chinatown, where they will definitely do $10/bot for a big group.

Hey Brent,
Yah I made a reso for 10 people for now.

Sounds good about working on corkage! And yah please help bring a stem or two for me? Thank you!

Stems are not good at PDH (understatement). I will bring a box of 8.

My office is around the corner, so if anyone needs to drop something of rather than schlep it around town all day, let me know.

Is there a theme? I’ll go with anything except Vin Jaune, Retsina or Kagor.

Open for theme. What do people like?
I was thinking of bringing a 98 jadot clos de beze.

I can fish out a 2006 Groffier Clos de Beze to go with that…

gee. You guys are making it hard for us Saxum guys. CT says I still have:

2002 Joseph Drouhin Charmes-Chambertin GC. Will that do?

If my wife comes, i could also bring a white starter like 2012 Henri Boillot Puligny-Montrachet 1er Cru Clos de la Mouchère

Otherwise, I could bring a Scarecrow. pileon

Lol Sounds awesome Jay. either way works!

Anyone else might be comin’? Where’s Dan Hammer? busy gaming the airlines? :wink:

My wife is definitely in. We are going to go to a Broadway show for a matinee and then we will come over to PDH. I will let her select at least one of the wines we bring and I will go with either the red or the white from the ones I mentioned above to balance it out. That means she will either pick a Black Sears because they are her favorite or not pick one because she wants to keep them for us.

[cheers.gif]

I’m open to bringing whatever…

Still not sure what the theme is or what to bring, except bring something good, open to suggestions.

Looks like theme is Burgs… let’s do that!

I’d need to pull them from the storage, but options are–
1999 Prosper Maufoux Montagny
1999 Jean et Gilles LaFouge Meursault

or maybe I’d pull one of the 2013 Maison Harbour’s

EDITED: If no one has a particular preference, I’d pull the one from the simplest-to-access box. [cheers.gif]

I have no Burgundy.

I’d like to join if there’s room - can bring Burgundy but also open to Piedmont or Riesling, which should also go along well with the duck.

Yah there’s room!
Victor - No burg no problem :slight_smile:
just bring anything else u like. This isn’t anything overly formal :slight_smile:

Looking at a 2007 Sauzet Combettes or a 2006 Faiveley Clos Vougeot.

I might have a last minute +1, but probably won’t know until Sunday am.

Wines packed, heading out tomorrow.

I’ll see everyone on Sunday! Look forward to it!