Nashville and Surrounding area Eats?????

I will post it once again…400 Degrees for all your hot chicken needs.

Even closer than Hattie B’s to our airbnb. Maybe I should try both…

John…Just know that it is cash only and allow plenty of time as she is meticulous. They open at 11am.

I like 400 degrees but I was very impressed with Hattie B’s. Doesn’t have the vibe like Prince’s or 400 degrees but the chicken was cooked better. But I haven’t been to the new 400 degrees location.

Jason

Jason…Been several years since 400 moved. Went to Hatties Midtown once and no desire to go back. Friend I was with tried to defend that we came on a bad day.

I like Hattie B’s, but they do each have their own style so you have to find what you like best. For burgers, my personal favorite in Nashville is at Tavern (just around the corner from Hattie B’s Midtown).

The downtown core during CMA Fest is out of control. I’ve never tried getting an Uber during the festival, but I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s a challenge. I recommend staying away from Broadway and LP field if you can. Check online for street closures. Stuff that’s further out from downtown shouldn’t be too bad, though the touristy places like Loveless tend to be even busier than normal (so another thing to avoid). If I were you I’d rent a car (parking shouldn’t be a big deal unless you go downtown), but I tend to have little patience for waiting around for a cab or Uber.

It sounds to me like you have great dinner choices lined up.

Catbird looks like it is going to be expensive. Are the wine pairings worthy?

Yes, pretty good. Also took bubbles and a back up red or two but never opened the reds.

JD

Thought Jack’s was pretty good on a recent visit. They were tearing that shoulder up right in front of me…

Do you recall the corkage? A nice BYO champagne and a good red or white can be easily had for the $65 pp pairings fees and certainly more reliable in my experience (hello Alinea). Although I have enjoyed some pairings.

I hear ya about Alinea. I don’t remember what the cost was, sorry. I’d call them anyway to ensure it still o.k. I don’t remember thinking it was outrageous.

JD

1 slot left, Swett’s or Martin’s (a short walk from where we are staying)? I don’t have a meat and 3 or BBQ joint on the roster. As such, one item will be missed this trip.

I’d go with Martin’s. Check out the pit near the bar where they always seem to have a whole hog smoking… Enjoy!

Reporting back…

400 Degrees- Location downtown has the charm of a Subway and good not fantastic chicken. It was so rich/heavy, that we cancelled plans to try another place.

Catbird Seat- This was an awesome meal. We ordered a reasonably priced St. Innocent Pinot Gris and never looked back. Two thumbs up for service and food.

Arnold’s Meat & 3- We generally loved it. Get there at or before 11. 10:45 was perfect for us. Roast beef, mac n cheese, fried green tomatoes, and green beans were killer. Jalapeno cheese grits were good, but too salty. They were like someone asked what would happen if we cook grits in queso.

City House- This place is too loud, but it is a cool looking building. Everything is designed to share and that makes it easy on the wallet for 2. Their fried catfish was among the best I have had, but everything else lacked the wow factor. Decent list, however I noted the same wine I had at Catbird was $13 more here.

Martin’s- OMG the house made smoked and fried bologna sandwich was incredible. It was one of the best items on the trip without a doubt. On the other hand, it was a bad day for pulled pork (bland) and dry rubbed spare ribs (dry, chewy).

Josephine- We went for brunch and have no complaints whatsoever. Poached eggs, country ham, red eye gravy, and a side of scrapple? YES!

For prosperity, Uber only surged a couple of times and was never an issue during the festival. In all cases Uber was significantly cheaper and easier than a cab (e.g., $17 vs $30 to airport). As far as location, Belmont was a great base of operations and I would recommend that neighborhood to anyone.

Specific request - I need lunch options for Monday.

Robert…Is this for a business lunch or gastro pleasure?

Does the neighborhood matter?

Thanks for the replies. I have a few hour break in between meetings. Leaning more toward Gastro pleasure.

As far as Neighborhoods I am open.

I went to Husk for lunch on my last visit and was not blown away. Also Barbecue is not really my thing.

If you want a great sandwich, breakfast or lunch check out Porter Road Butcher West location. Its really good.

Robert…Look into Butchertown Hall.