My first Scarecrow

Don’t we all know…we r not supposed to drink Scarecrow…only flip Scarecrow

I have a 91 Dunn. Any decanting advice?[/quote]

All I can go by is the '92 Dunn, which needed a one hour decant…it is the apogee of what Napa terroir can deliver

Parker destroyed Napa…the 2007 Vineyard 29 Aida score and tasting note is my proof

It wasn’t in a “dumb phase” (as it was astonishingly expressive) it was just dumb.

I drank it as well (with Paul and others) and it was, to me (seriously), borderline undrinkable. Like putting alcohol and blueberry jam in the blender with some simple syrup and letting it go for 15 seconds. I don’t know how people drink this but if you enjoy it, go to it!

Absolutely. Holding the mouths of all those people open and forcing them to drink wines they otherwise wouldn’t have liked. Clearly his fault.

Dunn 1982 is drinking brilliantly now.

It’s actually a callback to an earlier review I made of the 1998 Valandraud:

I’m sure they denied any acrimony with respect to Tokyo.

RT

Finally, someone stepped up to flame me!! It took fuqn forever…yes I knew the flames were coming…U r correct Neal…it is like who is first, the chicken or the egg? Parker didn’t make the wine, he just happened to like it…but I feel he was quite the catalyst from some of the style change…and possibly other parts of the world…when u taste wines like Dunn, you get the sense of the greatness of the Napa terroir that I do not get with these over extracted beasts like '07 Vineyard 29 Aida…which was syrup and milkshake spoof( but for Parker a 97pt La Mish lookalike!!!) Holy fuq"was my reaction, “did I just read this right?” The only comparison is that they are both…red!!! Other big Napa drinkers at the table even dumped theirs and this wine was wide open and ready to drink…or dump, whichever…maybe this was an anomoly, but I am confident this was the style…So I can see how others would want to mimic the style…that’s just one example…and we know points sell wines in many cases…but I believe his love for this style did not help the cause.

It only took him 20 minutes…or am I missing the sarcasm.

Flame you? I didn’t flame you. Had I flamed you, I would not have been so subtle. I promise. I’m reminded of Harry Truman’s response when someone told him to “give 'em hell.”

I almost never drink CA wines, and even less frequently Napa cabs. I’ve never had a Scarecrow or a Vineyard 29, and I think I have one bottle of Dunn in my cellar.

I don’t really care.

But to say “Parker destroyed Napa” is sort of silly. If people didn’t agree with him, no one would buy the wines or TWA.

Sounds to me like you have a lot of misplaced anger.

Twenty minutes is an eternity when you’re waiting to be flamed.

There was a sweetness to it but not sure if it was due to RS. I really didn’t analyze it much. Wilfred gave a good TN on it above.

Is the RS discussion centered on the '05, or all vintages of Scarecrow in general?

Finally, someone stepped up to flame me!! It took fuqn forever…yes I knew the flames were coming…U r correct Neal…it is like who is first, the chicken or the egg? Parker didn’t make the wine, he just happened to like it…but I feel he was quite the catalyst from some of the style change…and possibly other parts of the world…when u taste wines like Dunn, you get the sense of the greatness of the Napa terroir that I do not get with these over extracted beasts like '07 Vineyard 29 Aida…which was syrup and milkshake spoof( but for Parker a 97pt La Mish lookalike!!! Holy fuq"was my reaction, “did I just read this right?” The only comparison is that they arwred!!! Other big Napa drinkers at the table even dumped theirs and this wine was wide open and ready to drink…or dump, whichever…maybe this was an anomoly, but I am confident this was the style…So I can see how others would want to mimic the style…that’s just one example…and we know points sell wines in many cases…but I believe his love for this style did not help the cause.[/quote]

Flame you? I didn’t flame you. Had I flamed you, I would not have been so subtle. I promise. I’m reminded of Harry Truman’s response when someone told him to “give 'em hell.”

I almost never drink CA wines, and even less frequently Napa cabs. I’ve never had a Scarecrow or a Vineyard 29, and I think I have one bottle of Dunn in my cellar.

I don’t really care.

But to say “Parker destroyed Napa” is sort of silly. If people didn’t agree with him, no one would buy the wines or TWA.
Sounds to me like you have a lot of misplaced anger.[/quote]

Hahaha…no sir…I rarely ever get mad and I am certainly not mad at u…I was just attempting to spice things up a bit and actually on the contrary I feel sad…sad that it was one big giant…FAIL…lol…take care sir

Lol…my first attempt at it…so true sir… I thought the shit would pile on fast and furious… I have alot to learn!

[resizeableimage=350,250]http://napavalley.towns.pressdemocrat.com/files/2014/02/Robert-and-Pat-Parker.jpg[/resizeableimage]

[resizeableimage=300,400]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-5voVrLqlxU8/UR1bqvw9YtI/AAAAAAAAAQs/HojGIjjvaEU/s1600/celiaatevent.jpg[/resizeableimage]

Give lots of points, and let the crowd stampede? His fault? Hers? Points chasers? Somebody’s smiling, all the way to the bank to make deposits, as well as withdrawls.

RT

How could any wine taste good in the crummy Libby stemware in that second pic?

For just a second i thought that second pic was winegrrl. As far from a points chaser as anyone i’ve read on the webz.

No clue who these people are. I think the guy is Chester A Arthur, but the women are a mystery to me