Mike on Tour--SF, March 4, 2017

[rofl.gif] [rofl.gif]

Any seat left? I would love to join too.

Can we squeeze 10? That’s as high as I like going, but I usually find 10 is OK and would like to meet you Yang.

I will defer to my champion OL organizer though :slight_smile:

Let me know if there is room for me. Thx.

Sure, 10 should be fine.

Hey. I happen to be in SFO for work when you are there. What are the odds…sorry. Misread my calender.

I’ll be with another lawyer from our OGC here In Toronah and also another lawyer from Zurich but depending on timing, happy to meet up on the 2nd if you have time and nothing planned although we have dinner at State Bird Provisions at 9pm and then fly back to YYZ on Friday at 7am. Send me an email Mike. We are staying at the Orchard garden. Some gaming conference on that packed the city up.

It would be ironic to meet up in SF and we can’t even find time here. Doh.

Please put me on the wait list. I missed Mike at Falltacular.

Unfortunately, something else has come up for me on March 4th, and I can’t make the dinner. It looks like you guys already have my replacement lined up. =)

Mike! Sorry I’ll miss you this time around. Let me know when you’re back next and we’ll have to get together for some sauternes.

Eek! And here I had a 2005 Doisy Daene L’Extravagance lined up as (at least one of my) contribution. Could you come at the end maybe Ashish? I will be sorry to miss you else.

Do we know where yet, Joel? Just about to get on the plane to Hawaii, meeting Ralph and Mark tomorrow with maybe some +1s. LA leg of the trip has been terrific.

Mike

Looked into 3 restaurants already, awaiting their responses. Will try a 4th one tomorrow (closed today).

• Joel

One restaurant replied. but with a big caveat. They will give us a deal on the usual corkage ($25) and charge us only $10 per bottle but the time slot they gave us is quite limited. We need to be in and out between 5:30 pm - 7:30 pm. The place is called Wine Kitchen http://winekitchensf.com/. Let me know if this is workable or not. We can maybe ask for an extension up to 8 pm but we need to commit if we do ask.

Just got in touch with the 4th restaurant - no go. Saturday’s are too busy (Friday is possible). Anyone here have any contacts or suggestions, please do chime in:

Resto #1 - can do $10 corkage but only 5:30 - 7:30 pm

Resto #2 - has not yet replied

Resto #3 - has not yet replied

Resto #4 - Saturdays too busy, can do Friday.

Maybeck’s in the Marina has a semi-private room that holds at least 10. They’ve been very corkage friendly when I’ve gone. I bet they’d make a good deal with you.

Also, give Osso on Nob Hill a try. They’re part of a restaurant group in the Bay Area which has a zero corkage policy. As in $0, not, “Don’t bring your own wine here!” I’ve never been to Osso, but I would think they either abide by the $0 corkage, or it’s a good deal.

Thanks Ed, reached out to Maybeck’s via email, we will see how it goes. Their online menu specified $25 corkage/max 2 bottles. As for Osso, I talked to the manager, it’s $10 a bottle no limit. However the menu is a steakhouse menu so choices are slightly limited. If you want to drink red wine, you need to order streak. I did book it on Opentable as a backup.

OK, Maybeck’s just answered, $10 corkage! Can seat us at 6:30 or 7:30 pm.

Please check out the menu, we need to decide soon as March 4 is a Saturday and any half-decent restaurant in SF gets booked on Saturdays.

Maybeck’s sounds good to me, and if we like it we can go back for Fried Chicken Tuesday! I would be fine with any food option, though. I’d prefer not to have a hard limit on time.

Looks fine to me, plenty of stuff I can choose from on the menu. Thanks guys.

Mike

If people are good with Maybeck, I will confirm reservations tomorrow afternoon. If you have any strong disagreements, please let me know ASAP. Also Maybeck encourages us to bring our own stemware as theirs are pretty generic, not so nice wine glasses.

Also can people please confirm that they are 100% attending? They might ask for my credit card tomorrow and would hate to pay out any cancellation charges if lots of people don’t show up/cancel at the last minute. Thanks.

Maybeck sounds good.