Mike on Tour--NYC November 10---L'Apicio--Mike meets Mike---AV Pinots

I’m also still waiting on a friend for a +1, but Monday night is the least likely for her to be able to say yes to. Hope to hear soon, though. 12 is certainly as high as I’d like to go, and even then I will likely “musical chairs” with one other person somewhere during the meal (probably Josh since I’ll be lucky enough to see him Friday night as well)

That is fine by me…my plus + 1 happens to own part of the restaurant so pretty sure he can figure out how to make it work for us. He will also end up leaving pretty early since he usually at his desk around 5:15am!

No +1 for me—you’ll all have to get to meet Annette another time :slight_smile:

Mike and Josh—names and wines for your respective +1s so we can add to the info post? Thx.

See everyone in 6 days—some of you before then…

Mike

I’ve got an 07 anthill abbey Harris and an 08 rhys Bearwallow ready to go for me and my plus 1 (Tom Conti)

May also bring another bottle.

I beleive that I am Pobega’s +1. I’ll be sourcing when I land but looks as though I can round up a 2010 Copain Les Voisins.

Eric is my plus one. Should be fun.

Thanks Mike.

2010 Copain Les Voisins is confirmed.

Sounds good Eric. That gets us to 11, as Jay’s wife, Rebecca, has asked to join and I’d like to see her again. Erez to still confirm his wine, Tom and Rebecca (through Jay) to list their wines.

See everyone in a few days.

Mike

Things have been crazy lately with travel and I had an “oh shit” moment wherein I thought I missed this event. Thankfully, it was not true.

For those of us who haven’t been to L’Apicio, donde esta?

Seems I don’t have an Anderson Valley Pinot. Would someone be willing to supply me with one, please? tomrippe@gmail.com

No problem - I’ll send you an email.

Restaurant is 13 East 1st street (between 2nd and 3rd ave). Reservation is for 6:30pm. We can have the table for the night.

Hi all,

for some reason it fell off my list (thank you Steve for reminding me), and my schedule has some things that PM. I am clearing my schedule in attempt to arrive and hoping for the best (give it at the moment 60%+ percent I’ll make it) That said- I realized I don’t have AV Pinot at home at all. Does anyone have a spare to share? (I can do exchange from cellar). I can also bring a champagne for a starter, or something for dessert

Rebecca and I are bringing the 2004 Copain Pinot and the 2012 Sine Qua Non In The Abstract as a starter because I want to Pobega something and that’s certainly a something.

Bringing Cabot Nash Mill. Also, Vilmart et Cie Cuvee Grand Cellier Premier Cru Brut.

Should we bring stems?

Looking forward!

No need to bring stems (unless you have something particular that your really prefer). they have quality stems and can usually set us with three each.

My +1 had go drop but I will have 3 bottles with me so happy to cover somebody if they need.

It’s the 2010 Cabot Nash Mill.

Hi Josh
In that case I may ask you to cover me on a bottle (I can exchange a bottle with you or work something out). Currently, pretty optimistic that I can make it. Should I bring a bubbly for starter, dessert wine for finish, or anything in between?

PS- Hi Alex, I found the answers (tent.) on the schedule only this morning so it was too late to PM you back

No worries, I have both an 07 anthill abbey Harris and 08 rhys Bearwallow with me.

Also have a young Cali cab if we decide to go that direction as the night progresses.

Hate to do this, but something came up that I have to take care of here in NJ in the late afternoon and I won’t be able to get to the dinner anywhere close to on time. Gotta cancel. My apologies.