Mike on Mini-Tour--April 15 in Chicago---under $50 Red Burg

Mike, I had hoped to make your acquaintance again, but I think it’s unlikely as we are out of town that weekend. If the situation changes, I’ll let you know. I hope you have a great time in our fair city.

C

OK, please keep me posted, Corey…and PM me your netdress so I can email you. Thx and best,

Mike

I think I can make this and make Bistro Dre work. Do folks want to go with older or younger vintages, or just whatever?

As far as the Burgundy goes, I’m up for whatever. Any preferences, Mike?

Not for me, though it might be fun to have an older/younger cross-section. But I do like the theme you guys started with whites and carry over to the reds.

Mike! Didn’t even see your post! blush

I would definitely be up for something on the 14th—anyone else for double duty? :slight_smile:

Mike

Is there still room? I believe I’m free on the 15th.

I got slotted into a Standard Market tasting in one of the suburbs Fri night, so I’m out. Anyone doing the winemaker dinner after the main event?

I’ll be at that too, Stewart. Ed—love to have you come! We’d get a bit more talk time that way—you know how nuts it gets at PD :slight_smile: (in a good way, of course). Bring pictures of the tyke!

Mike

Mike, you’ll be at the Standard Market tasting as well as this dinner? Busy night!

Hi Ed—no, I meant the Saturday night dinner after PD :slight_smile:

Hate to thread drift, but does anyone have any info on the winemaker dinner? I am on my own for the weekend with my wife out of town for work. I know Lioco is planning something (details not released yet) and I was considering going to that, but if this winemaker dinner is compelling enough, maybe i will go that direction.

Consider me IN for this dinner as well, sans my wife. Looking forward to it!

Wish I could join, but we are starting our spring break on the 15th. Enjoy your stay

David, sorry will miss this chance to meet you, Michael, glad you can join us. I will try and get you some info on the winemaker dinner.

So, it looks like the following:

Mike G
Mark B
Matt L
Michael K
Joshua K
Jordan W
Ed K

That’s a good sampling and, in good faith, I need to PM Unyime (who included himself in my global OL cities thread) to see if he would like to join.

That’s 9, which is a good number, though happy to go up 1 or 2. I’d definitely like to cap it at 11 max—I can, and probably will, play Musical Chairs, but my goal is to spend time with everyone.

Let’s start nailing down some wine contributions :slight_smile:

Thanks so much, Mark, for taking lead on organizing and to everyone for wanting to come out.

Mike

i’ll likely need to source a bottle for this, so i’ll work around others’ choices

Looks like I am out of town on business now. Sorry, but got to drop. :frowning:

Thanks to both Mike and Mark,
Have we got a time yet, btw?

On wines, right now, I’m thinking an '07 D. Bachelet Cotes de Nuits Village (or may have to be G-C VV, not sure which I’ve got) and also a N. Rossignol 2011 Volnay Santenots, which was $33.50 from PC, but of course no more.

We’re thinking a 7:15 start time. Any objections?

do we have a confirmed venue?

I can make that work. (Personally wouldn’t mind a tad earlier.) But if it’s best for Mike and you’all, I could certainly make it happen.

Thanks again!

Ok, so, I finally got a chance to dine at Bistro Dre last night to check it out and see if it would suit our party. Although the restaurant is small, they have ample seating for over 30 people. They have these two really nice tables in a semi private enclave that seat six each. When I spoke to our waiter, he said that reserving a group of 8-12 won’t be a problem and that the restaurant has no limit on the number of bottles we can bring. I’m thinking one per person will be perfect. :slight_smile:

Also, he said to call tomorrow to book the reservation once we have a final headcount.