Maison Ilan deliveries

I find the comparison accurate:

Customer X is waiting to hear about product Y by merchant Z.

Hey Todd… champagne.gif Thank you.

Have a great weekend.

Suzanne: I would be happy to buy your 2011’s from you so you do not have to wait on them any longer. Just let me know.

Being somewhat new to buying this level of wine, I did not even ask Ray what the delivery time would be. I don’t expect to open my 2012’s for probably ten years so I am not concerned with delivery time.

Really Todd? When does the producer of product y ever talk directly with the customer affected in the PC horror stories that have been well documented here?

Ray,

Thanks for the explanation. I for one would rather have the wines be as good as you can make them rather than have them quicker. Please continue to make decisions that are the best for the wine, as you have done so far.

Ray, I have gotten all my 2010s other than the Corbeaux, which I understand you deemed not yet ready (which is fine). Could you give us an update on why you did not feel the Corbeaux is ready and what you are waiting for. One of the great things about buying your wines is in addition to getting great wines we get some of your thinking process, which hopefully will make the wines even better to taste when we get them and age them.

Well, now I am nervous. A bunch of wine berserkers staying that close to my wine? [shock.gif] Ray, I hope that you have a good lock.

Thanks Howard!

No dog blah blah blah. I don’t even know Ray.

Ray, keep doing what you’re doing.
Everyone else, re-freaking-LAX!

Don’t chase off one of the few (only?) Burgundy producers from the BB.

Hey Howard,
basically, the Corbeaux didn’t start malo until over a year after the other 2010s were finished with malo. Just one of those things. I could have coaxed it along but I thought it would be better if things moved at their own pace instead of altering the wine to fit my schedule or what I thought the wine should do relative to its peers.

The other 2010s stayed in barrel a decent amount of time after they finished malo so I wanted to afford the 2010 with this same treatment. The logic is flawed, but somewhat solid if you tilt your head, hop on one leg and cover one eye. [cheers.gif]

Fair enough.
I don’t think that info was sent out in email format in September though. I did a quick search of my email archive.
Didn’t know you had a blog. Probably information like that should be pushed out instead of relying on people to visit a blog. Just MHO.

cheers [cheers.gif]

You have an excellent point. Ideally, the info would have gone out to the mailing list and then the blog. The blog is not as important. Somehow, I dropped the ball as I believed that I had also copied the mailing list. My error clearly. For those that did not see this post and for those not given the ability to see it through the mailing list channel I apologize.

I have sent out an update just 5 minutes ago to the list as well as through the twitter/facebook paths.

Thank you again for supporting our wines!

Ray

I said ‘merchant’, not ‘producer’. In some cases, they could be the same person. In others cases, not.

Customers…what a bitch they can be. Kinda hard to run a business without them, so I would recommend dropping the story about how hard it is to have them and just smile and wave.

…hi Paul. Where did I mention how hard it was to have clients? What I recall posting is that while I am placing wines in barrel, I just might be a tad busy. Also, having so many points of contact spread out increases the odds that I might miss something. It really isn’t more complicated than that, though some folks clearly would like it to seem otherwise.
So while I think your above comment is a catchy one, and actually pretty funny, I can’t see myself relating to it one bit.

Ray, you miss my point. Your whole story about how busy you are and what more can I do, etc. is, in my opinion, nothing more than a complaint about customer expectations. That’s how I read it. Right or wrong, the best course (again, in my opinion) is to not go there. It’s a no win scenario, in my experience.

Todd

Comparing Ray to PC as both ‘merchants’ with anything in common is a gross misrepresentation of the reality of the situation.

If anyone has any questions regarding shipments, our wines in general or Burgundy, please don’t hesitate in contacting me through my email address: ray@maison-ilan.com .

I just want to point out that Ray responded by phone and post within a few hours of the original posting, so comparisons to the other cases mentioned are totally bizarre.

Likely true, but a loss for this admirer nonetheless. I’ll surely respect your choice – or perhaps it’s more fairly characterized as a necessity – but hope your tweets, etc. do justice to the past participation here that I’ve been enjoying (or at least disprove Sainthood deadhorse).

Best wishes,
Jonathan