Love & Squalor

My wife and I drank and compared these two tonight side-by-side. We couldn’t really find much of a discernible difference between the two.

Ron, I think last year (upthread, maybe?) Marcus indicated that the OPNC and PCC were the same, but that there is a higher end WV as well.

Haven’t made it to PCC yet myself, but probably will stop by tomorrow!

Yeah, anyway Marcus! What’s this business about $15 pinot only in Seattle?

Sorry Ron, the wines are basically the same. I put a cuvée together for Bob at OPNC the last two years, but the blend we liked in 2014 was about 100 cases bigger than what he needed.
Rather than shrink it to a wine I was less happy with, I reached out to Jeff Cox, the buyer for PCC(he and his wife are friends) to see if he would like the remainder. It worked well, and since 2015 is also a bountiful vintage(which is both good and bad-see my post from last year) we decided to recreate the dual cuvée.

Brandon & Dennis-I have a few cases left and will put some of this aside for you guys and Rick.

Dennis-I love the 2010 Raffault Les Picasses, it’s a great wine and a crazy value.

Thanks Marcus, I need to make a trip out to SoH & PGC for a pick up, so I can make a loop into Mac. I will give a heads up call.
My wife will kill me if I buy anymore wine, but my daughter is liking it so it will go to a good home. [cheers.gif]

…Dennis, I think I have a bottle of Chardonnay here for your wife :wink:

Thanks Marcus, I’ll need them. Today my wife says when I get home, “This fellow dropped off a box of wine.” Rats I’m Busted! “Oh, that was Vincent, I was waiting for him. he must have gotten here before I returned. Remember that Chard I took to the wine party next door that you guys drank before I even got a taste, well I ordered some more.” So she says, “I will help carry it down. But first I will grab some of that chard to lighten the load.” [cheers.gif]

I was at PCC today, and they had the regular 2014 (non-PCC) WV Pinot for $15! Perhaps clearing out stock for the regular 15? Great price on any case.

Michael

Marcus, if I buy any more wine my wife will say some terrible things and give me that dirty look, but I hope to get by soon to pick up my goods and a few more. May bring my daughter along who is more understanding of my problem. [cheers.gif]

Which PCC? I’m headed to Seattle tomorrow and I’d love to pick some up.

Apparently not the one in Issaquah!

Sorry for missing this, it was View Ridge.

Wine was delicious!

Thanks for posting, Michael. I live about 10 blocks from the View Ridge PCC, so I’ll have to swing by. Are you in the neighborhood?

Thanks Michael, I unfortunately missed my chance (they most certainly will be either gone or no longer on sale by the time I make it back to Seattle in 4 weeks) but hopefully others can take advantage of this PSA.

I live in Ballard, but was killing time before a dentist appointment.

I work near the Fremont PCC, but haven’t made it to check yet.

Had this tonight. Very nice.

PCC had both Love and Squalor and Goodfellow WV Pinot for roughly the same price. I was interested to try the love and squalor based on this thread but instead opted for the Goodfellow WV Pinot and Chardonnay. As long as goodfellow is one of the options, I probably won’t choose to try this.

So I finally got our to Mac town to pick up my Berserker wines along with the '14 WV PN and Marcus slipped a bottle of '12 Souris in. I wanted to chat and waste his valuable time, but others were there. Great wines and super customer service. Need to plan a tasting day with my daughter, so she can drive home. [cheers.gif]