LA Rookies / Casual meetup?

Is the issue that we don’t have a location that is centrally located enough for us all to meet at? I thought we had a place to meet…

What about colori kitchen in dtla? Mentioned above. Parking is tough, but people can taxi/uber? It’s walking distance for me

Im fine with either Colori or Maccheroni Republic.

Not going to take uber or taxi from the valley. Waste of money.

Still cheaper than a DUI though [snort.gif] What about Houston’s in Pasadena or Chablis Food and Wine in Encino?

Haha. Yeah either of those would be fine for me, the Houston’s in Pasadena would be closer. Looking through the thread again, it looks like we have people in the valley, west LA, culver/mid city, los Feliz, dtla, south pas. Overall if we were looking for a central location, probably los feliz/hollywood or mid city might be most central? But I’m honestly fine w going anywhere, and don’t mind either home or restaurant, and it seems like other people have more travel restrictions/preferences, so I’ll go with the crowd opinion here.

DTLA would be the most convenient for me, with Pasadena being the second choice and Encino the last choice.

Seems like we are deadhorse here. Since we are planning to make this a regular group and LA is a sprawled out city everyone’s commutes will even out over time. I’m in for Nov. 4th or 5th downtown for our first meet up.

I agree. I can get anywhere. DTLA is fine and fairly central. Some people said the second weekend of November would be better for them, though.

Can we get a show of hands for November 12th or 13th Downtown? Possible alternative being you all come to my apartment in Los Feliz and I make fresh pasta and ragu… I have two roommates, but it’s not a super small place. Could work.

champagne.gif

Cant make the 13th so I’m in for Colori on the 12th. Does Cru Barbaresco or Barolo sound good as a theme?

Friday the 11th also works well for me as I work downtown…

12th or 13th downtown may work out. 5th definitely won’t.
Either way it’ll be a relatively last minute call for me since my wife is going to be 8 months pregnant at that time.

I’m in for 12th or 13th in any location. I’m always partial to at home solutions and still hope to be able to offer my own for a future event but restaurants work as well (though I imagine it gets tougher on a weekend). Downtown is excellent for me. May have a +1.

12th seems to be most widely doable.

If anyone is coming from the valley and wants to carpool PM me

Either the 12th or 13th in DTLA works for me. I would think if we’re keeping QPR in mind Barolo/Barbaresco would be the last thing we’d want to pick as a theme. I’d be much more interested in something like Etna Rosso for example. However, if the group feels otherwise that’s okay with me.

Nov 12th in dtla works for me, also. I could do anytime in the evening. Would have a +1. I just moved recently and my place is a mess, also on the smaller side, but hopefully I could also host at a future time.

And I’m down for anything in terms of a theme… going along with Italian food, like the Barolo/Barbaresco idea but think it could be pricey also. Etna rosso sounds fun, also maybe Langhe nebbiolo? Saw these from the nytimes wine school:

I’m fine with Etna Rosso. My knowledge of Sicilian wines is pretty low on the scale so I’d love to learn more about them. I do have a bottle of 2014 Girolamo Russo Etna Rosso 'a Rina that I picked up from Domaine LA so I’d be in with that if we go that route or 2011 Pecchenino Barolo Le Coste di Monforte if we go the other route. Does 5:30pm on the 12th sound about right for everyone?

Seems like the 12th would be best. Unless it is early on Sunday for those that work.

Is this basically gonna be a sausage party? Or is this primarily couples? I have no Sicilian wine, although I have 109 bottles of Italian reds.

I don’t think we necessarily have to be strict with the theme. In fact, if everyone brings a wine they are fond of and wish to tout the virtues of to the group, or one that they have been interested in trying, it really doesn’t matter to me how varied the collection is.