Is Bordeaux supposed to have a laxative effect?

This is absolutely hilarious! Is the thread even real? Maybe there is some mischievous family or friend, Joe… You never know what people are capable of when shit hits the fan! :stuck_out_tongue:

You must have had that rare Entre-du-Merde garage wine Chateau Merde Qui Coule. I pop a bottle whenever I’m cleansing. neener

And yet there are certain people who did come to the board just yesterday for whom this thread would be perfect!!!

Is that what you get from drinking while taking Flagyl?

LOL [cheers.gif] I would suspect the coffee and banana - both have some mild laxative effect.

The 2008 D’issan I had last year did not have a laxative effect on me. I did have headaches after drinking young white Grand Cru Burgundies on a few occasions though.

Or a similar problem in Burgundy, where one gets flagilence from drinking the wines of Flagey-echezeaux? Perhaps the gentleman from California meant “flatulence”…

Or to paraphrase Lincoln (and Ethan Allen): “There is nothing to make a wineberserker shit faster than the sight of new Bordeaux pricing.”

Come on Guys, i can’t believe no one is pointing a finger at the “MOST LIKELY CULPRIT.”

Ham and cheese… [barf1.gif]

That ham and cheese was good!

No, I’m only aware of one laxative wine label, and they make Riesling:
[resizeableimage=475,419]http://vinolist.com/pics/0/12/07015001000061_eaf3a18.jpg[/resizeableimage]

[rofl.gif] [rofl.gif]

And he would be a doctor, too!

Oh, great, came to the board this morn seeking enological enrichment, and now my mind is uncontrollably racing to come up with a witty poo-related response for this thread…

FWIW, it is the copious amounts of the fortified stuff that gets things a-brewing for me.

Mike Steinberger ‏@WineDiarist tweeted this morning:

How bad is Bordeaux’s image problem? Thread on one wine site asks, “Is Bordeaux supposed to have a laxative effect?” Very active discussion.

Virgil, welcome aboard. You’ll find the group cannot agree on anything. But, the final word is Bordeaux is probably not any more a laxative that any other wine. But since I really despise Bordeaux compared to its Superior California counterpart, I can say that drinking shit will make some people shit.

Macaylla might have stayed if he read this thread.

Fixed. (NTTAWWT)

;o)

Hey Mike Steinberger, why don’t you post here instead of just mining the site for material for your blog/Twitter feed! :slight_smile:

Joe, I hate to break it to you, buddy, but it’s not the wine–you’re going something fierce there.

According to the good Prof. Parzen, these beneficial effects are not just for bordeaux, or even red wines, any more.

Shitting good. That’s what I love about natural wine.

Glad I wasn’t drinking anything when I read that. I would have spit it all over my monitor. When threads like this are revived, it makes me wonder how many other funny ones I have missed.

Did you really have to bump this thread?
Of all the posts in all the forums in all the WB world, you walk into this one.

I can only imagine the word selection when you searched to add to a thread rather than start anew.