Is Bordeaux supposed to have a laxative effect?

Lets just say that once the cork was removed, well uhm, it’s been free flowing since.

Actually I’m feeling empty now so…

Will have to try some more after dinner.

Are you experiencing extremely odorous flatulance as well?

So all the fun-poking aside: I think I’ve had similar effects a couple of times in the past and have always put them down to highly reductive red wine (definitely not Bdx - i.e. I think it’s independent of grape or region). So it’s probably something to do with the additives in the wine or the winemaking - rather than being Bdx. Otherwise, one might suspect that China will be up sh!t creek without a paddle soon (oh i couldn’t resist…)

Don’t know about the laxative effect, but when I drink a lot of wine, I sure have to pee

Im drinking port tonight.

No bordeaux

Please report back tomorrow as to the state of your intestines…the wine world awaits!

The capper to this thread would be a report of anal leakage.

Please?

newhere

only the overripe pruney ones!
alan

This thread has “epic thread” potential. Thanks, JoeB!

I would suspect the coffee before the wine. I’d also be checking the stemware, silverware and dishes for soap. Something may not have been rinsed properly and Joy or Ivory are the best for a quick and lasting cleansing of the colon. [bullshit.gif]

I hope someone didn’t come to the board for the first time today and see this as their first WB thread.

If they were in their 60’s or above, they’d post their opinions and experiences. If it’s a youngster, they won’t understand the topic. Those in the middle will hope they don’t get like this in their 60’s.

Sometimes we all need a break. Or maybe just some comic relief.

I was thinking the same thing. The OP was channeling Wood.

Great thread, Joe. Reading it made for a hilarious reprieve from a long day. Best wishes for you and your bowel.

Usually not, if you put the wine into the correct orifice.

Or perhaps, Mark, only on your wallet…

This has got to be the best thread of 2013. Buying Bordeaux causes anal leakage because you can’t help wonder why you paid the case price for a great Califorinia Cab for a single bottle of dirt-tasting tannic wine that they say needs years to be ready. You know why they want you to wait 12-20 years to drink it? It’s so you forget you paid big money for the bottle of swill by the time you open it. Instead you kick yourself for waiting so long and think its you instead of a bottle of wine never intended to be drunk.

So, avoid the flatulence and buy California.

The human body is designed to reject Bordeaux. Burgundy is the solid choice.

after getting bent over for Bordeaux pricing, the sphincter is a bit weak and leaky.
alan