Is anything going on in the DC area?

Good Luck, I asked about a monthly wine social a while ago. Doesnt seem like too much interest, but I hope you will have better luck.

Also, I’ve been putting together a wine dinner, about once every 2 months. Next one is this coming saturday. This month is a bit light on folks. So if you are interested, pm me for the deets.

As some of you may know, coming through for Oct 10-12----right now I think the 11th and 12th are booked, but 10th should be free and would be wrong not to be at an OL every night while I’m in town [grin.gif]

Mike

i would be!

Hi! I would be interested in a regularly scheduled DC get together as well.

I’d also be down for a more casual meet-up after work with a few folks over a bottle or three.

Likely here or NY end of year but will not know for sure until closer in/post Thanksgiving. Thanks!

in for either. i live in DC so am always happy to share some wine after work or on the weekends.

Over the past handful of years I have lost 2 of my wine-tasting and wine-dinner buddies, each to a different degree before his time. So I am posting to see if there are some people here who are interested in expanding an existing or forming a new loose group of people who periodically put together wine-tastings and/or wine-dinners. I have a bunch of wine that is not getting any younger, and particularly enjoy winos who believe that there is more to like in wine than to criticize. So I am glad to see that there is a DC topic area, but sorry to see that it seems to be fairly quiet.

My tastes run towards fairly focused tastings either of wines from cellars or new wines available at retail, and small wine-dinners that can range in ambition depending on the wines - mostly in someone’s home, although restaurants are fine if it can be made to work. These occasions take some effort, so I 'm not looking for anything with a set frequent schedule (at least if I’m taking on a lot of responsibility for it).

FWIW: I live in Wheaton MD. This is my first post to wineberserkers, so my apologies if it is posted in the wrong place or is in some other way inappropriate. During the drawn-out unfortunate denouement of the wine retailer Premier Cru, I was struck by how civil, restrained, and intelligent the lengthy discussion was on winebeserkers.com.

We have a potluck dinner on Dec 16th at my house with a Northern Rhone wine theme. I have a rowhouse in DC, so 12-14 is just about all I can reasonable accommodate in my house. If someone drops out, we may have some room. PM me with info, and I can add you to my email list. If not for this one, then the next one.

I’m in Bmore but would be down. Dec 16 is tough, I feel like a mandatory Holiday party every weekend from here on out though. (would much rather be home with my wife and dog drinking wine)

Eric,
Excellent! I will PM. I have a bunch of Cote-Rotie and Hermitage from the 1980s and 1990s, although less thereafter.
Marc

Hi,

a couple people dropped out of the Northern Rhone and Syrah based potluck dinner on this saturday Dec 16th (holiday conflicts). I know its super last minute, but we have a couple extra chairs available. PM if you would like to attend.

Syrah/Shiraz or white northern rhone varieties. $50 min/btl wine. Most people are bringing 2 bottles.