Is anything going on in the DC area?

wow those are some interesting wines to be poured for free…

It seems like the auction plan is to get everyone drunk, give them pushbutton access to bidding on expensive wines, and then let drunken disinhibition make the auctioneers rich!

So kind of like combining Berserker Day with an offline?

didn’t RSVP in time :frowning:

Been out of town and missed it. Anyone go? If you have self control, it could have been fun.

I missed it as well because of family obligations.

Nope deadder than dead.

Oops, I thought you said OC area.

We all know OC is dead for Wine. :wink:

ok, So DC folks need to get their crap together.

I’m proposing something on Saturday May 20th or 27th. Either at the fixer-upper house we just bought in Bloomingdale to make it inexpensive, or at a local restaurant.

Anyone interested?

Yeah, I would be up for something. Have to double check the dates, but I think either works.

interested

In, as long as i don’t get sucked into multiple small child birthday parties.

I am definitely in, PM me if you need help organizing or setting up.

Let’s get DC rolling again now that we no longer have a regular meeting place at Domaine!

One thought though – we are bordering on the hellishly hot phase of the year, so we should make good AC a priority in choosing a venue. Critical May - September when tasting red wines in DC.

ok then. Here ya go. PM/email if interested.

Saturday May 20th at 6pm, we’ll be hosting a tasting at our house in the Bloomingdale neighborhood of DC.

We’re inviting a few folks from Domaine events and CellarTracker that we know. For our CellarTracker friends, it will be an opportunity pick up their 2014 CT custom barrel Rutherford GIII Cabs Janet has personally brought back from California.

The general theme will be Champagne and Cabernet Sauvignon or cab-based blend (from any region). (Over $50 requested)

We’ll open (at minimum):
The CT Cab
2002 Piper-Heidsieck Champagne Cuvée Rare
2007 EMH Cabernet Sauvignon Black Cat

Menu will be sent out closer to the date, but please advise if you have food restrictions or allergies. Alternative & soft drinks will be provided for our designated driving friends or those crazy plus ones who don’t like wine.

We have cats so please take your allergy meds before you arrive. We’ll have outdoor space so you don’t have to be with them all the time.

Food contributions and extra ice buckets will be welcome. But don’t worry about it. We’re pretty casual people so the main thing is to bring yourself and your wine.

Message or email Eric (oldnjaded at gmail.com) for question, address and directions.

Casual dress encouraged

If this goes well, next time, its AFWE time.

bowing out of this one via cats. :confused:

Sorry.

don’t be! there will be more wine!

If anyone can host an overnight guest for the 20th of May, please PM me.

This thread hasn’t been updated in a while. I’m interested in butting together a new monthly offline with DC winos old and new. Location to be some restaurant in DC that will allow us a monthly spot at no corkage fee. Anybody interested in joining this?

I would be now that I don’t have to worry about getting up for work.