Indianapolis Offline: 4/8 6:30pm

All of those dates work for me. Thank you for organizing!

4/8 works for me as well.

3/18 or 4/15 would work for me.

Looks like we have 9 people (eight posted here plus one who doesn’t post too often but sent me an email). I will now try to work on a location. If any of you are planning on bringing a +1 besides John, please let me know asap.

I am bringing my better half too :slight_smile:

No problem. That makes an even 10.

ok folks, we are all set for dinner at Vida at 6:30pm on Saturday 4/8. I have the following ten people attending:

myself
Andy B
David K
Kyle Firestone
Josh Kates
John Coop
Mary Deem +1
John Davis +1

Please let me know if plans change.

As for a theme, I thought it might be best to not put too many restrictions on what folks bring since we don’t necessarily know each other too well. Perhaps folks can share an interesting bottle that they find compelling? I would like to ask folks to stick to one bottle per person so we can have a chance to taste all the wines thoughtfully and still maintain a chance to travel safely home.

If folks indicate what they are bringing, it might be helpful so that we can round out the dinner. I’m happy to bring a dessert wine (maybe a 90s Quartes de Chaume or 90s Foreau sweet), leaving others to bring reds or whites of their choice.

Sounds like a plan :slight_smile:

Off to the cellar…

Yet another update: I will now be bringing 3 people with me.

The latest addition is another wine drinking friend. No more additions, I promise. You can cut me off if I try to.
One is my husband a non drinker…so he will not be bringing a bottle. The other is one of my best wine drinking friends.

We will bringing 1-2 bottles…don’t want to overload everyone.

Looking forward to this get together. Vida is a great restaurant and it’s always fun to meet new people!

David has offered to bring a red bourdeaux.

I’ll tentatively plan on bringing a '99 Musar.

“Bordeaux” is the spelling you want, Pat, I do that, too.

I’m thinking of bringing '04 Bollinger Grande Annee and/or '98 Giacosa Barbaresco Rabaja.

I’ll hunt through our cellar see what looks good. Once the final decision is made, I’ll post what he and I are bringing.

Joshua - I would love to taste the Bolly…it was one of the champagnes recommended to me (see my Collard champagne thread).

Josh, Thanks for the generous offer on the wines. I think either would be great. Personally, I’d lean towards the Giacosa myself.

Hi Folks,

Mary, if that thread is any indication, you know way more about champagne than I do. (Sort of a top-feeder; every now and again I have one that stands out and I try to secure more. I do have some of the Jose Michel, but besides the Bolly, the one I currently own I like best is a Paul Bara 05 Blanc de Blanc.)
And, yeas, I thought that one might catch your eye, Pat. '98 Giacosas (mere white labels) that Ken V. got me started on have been drinking very nicely.
I’m open to potentially bringing both. (Couldn’t hurt to have an extra bottle or two, unless the arrangement with Vida prohibits?)
Let’s see how things shape up.

Looking forward to the event, and again, many thanks Pat!

And CDP fans?

I have a 2001 Beaucastel or 2003 Pegau Reservee I could bring.

Well, I’m going to be in IND for 3/22 (Wed) if anyone wants to have a midweek offline. I’m actually able to fly in something as well if applicable. Sorry for ‘hijacking’ the thread.
(It would be myself plus a fellow with great palate)

Are you going to have a car?