I'm goin' in, To Sin City

I can tell you where NOT to go, and that’s Sinatra. Wife and I usually stay at the Wynn and finally checked it out last time in October. Overpriced and the food was average at best.

You are talking about Lago correct? I was interested in that one as I like Sarrano’s other places and have eaten at both of them multiple times.

Very good to know since we usually stay at the Encore. Thanks.

+1 for Raku off the strip.

I stay at the Cosmo, so lots of Holsteins, Eggslut, and Secret Pizza. I would recommend Rose.Rabbit.Lie. for an unique dining experience.

Thank you everyone for your tips. Some feedback:

The Beatles ‘Love’ was brilliant.

Twist was a near faultless meal.

Yountville’s Bouchon is a hell of a lot better than the Vegas version.

Lotus of Siam is still excellent. You have to ask for the cellar list but it is still deep and well priced.

The Branzino ceviche at Herringbone is off the charts.

Momofuku is now open. We snared a table on the first night and the staff did a great job. David was in the house keeping an eye on things. The Rotisserie Chicken served with the bones that have been deep fried is killer.

Sage is good.

If you are into molecular gastronomy é by José Andrés is fun and there are some very exciting dishes.

I hear good things about Giada in the Cromwell [wow.gif]

Man, I wish Love would travel.

Glad you had a great trip! And as good as Lotus is, Chada was even better when I went last time. Bank Atcharawan, who helped build/curate Lotus’ list, left to start Chada. Anyways, he’s an awesome Somm. Go to Chada too next time!

Bank left Chada and Chada Street several months ago to embark on a new venture with his fiancé. As of 10 days ago, both are still solid and uniformly more consistent than LoS.

Bump.
Any new intel on restaurants?

echo & rig for (off the strip) steak, portobello fries are great.
im still a fan of verandah for breakfast/brunch at four seasons.

Re: Echo and Rig (what an odd name for a restaurant)…they are very corkage friendly, although I have not been there for a few months, so call ahead and make sure of the policy. It used to be: one free corkage for every wine purchased off the list. We’d buy a white (and they have some reasonable choices, not just chards), then bring in a cab based wine for the steaks. A couple times we brought a mag and it was ok, although that’s stretching the rules a bit.

This place also has a meat market, so if you find something you really like, you can take more home.

Thanks.
I will head to Chada Street one night.
Weighing a choice between Raku or Kabuto for sushi.
Looking for a steak place - Echo & Rig may fit. Looking at either Cut or Craftsteak if we decide to stay on the strip.

I’ve not been to Chada Street, but a meal at Chada last month was great. The soft-shell crab and the duck curry were serious hits.

Anyone been to Lotus of Siam recently? If so, how does the wine list look now vs. Chada Street? Debating between the two for a layover dinner in Vegas next month.

Went to LoS in February for lunch. The wine list is not what it was but it is still very good. You have to ask for the cellar list. I haven’t been to Chada for a couple of years so I can’t really accurately comment on the present list. The food at LoS was pretty much as we remembered, the place was busy and the service was good.

As Jeremy pointed out a few posts up, our meal at Twist was fabulous. We really like Guy Savoy but our meal at Twist was likely just as good as we’ve had at GS.

Vinod,
It depends on what you want to drink. The Riesling list of LoS is better. The non-Riesling list at Chada Street is excellent and very fairly priced.

I’m finishing lunch at LoS. After too many sub-par meals here in the recent past, I came anyway, craving a dose of Nam Kao Tod and Northern Larb. Tremendous. I’m coming back for dinner tonight.

Ate a very good dinner Sunday at Chada Street. Drank '08 Pierre Peters Chetillons at less than $50 markup from current retail.

Thanks Mark,

I’m probably going with champagne and aged Riesling. Saw on the Chada St. website they have a nice stash of Prum from the 80s/90s at reasonable prices and wasn’t sure if LoS could match it still, sounds like they can.

Well I have to chime in with e by Jose Andres. Little hidden restaurant inside a restaurant with 8 seats. It’s a couple of hours, we had 23 courses and it’s all made right in front of you. Quite the experience. One of those you’ll want to reserve 3 months before you go. http://www.ebyjoseandres.com/

+1 for ‘e’. Not inexpensive but great experience. Make sure you go for the upgraded wine pairings.