If you could only eat at one restaurant in Denver...

Yes, we were there this past weekend with some friends. We ordered mostly smaller plates as one person had a lot of dietary restrictions. The food was mostly very good, if a little heavy handed in the salt/sugar/sauce department. Some standouts were the charred cabbage, mushroom hummus and the short ribs with black garlic and harissa. I enjoyed the meal and would go back, but would have liked some more lightness and/or acid and bitter elements - by the end I was a little fatigued by the umami and richness. It’s possible we could have ordered better and that other seasons would bring lighter elements. It’s in the same complex with Acorn and near some good bars as well.

as previously mentioned by others, Tavernetta is solid and Frasca is a step up from Tavernetta. Safta is very enjoyable especially when done with a group of 4-6 patrons to maximize the mixing and sharing of small plates. I would also add 12@Madison into the mix of recommendations for Fruition, Mercantile, etc.

Any recent opinions on spots to go now that some restaurants have reopened?

Santiago’s Mexican Food, several locations, get the carnitas and bean burrito smothered deluxe. Ask for the hot green chili.

Lots of excellent street tacos spots too.

1 Like

I’d drive to Palisade. LOL. Best restaurant in the state IMHO is Peche’.

This place officially opened in Denver yesterday-right by the Ball Arena-getting great reviews. We’re going March 30-

Just saw Euchlid Hall was a Covid casualty. Loved the place and still have a “my sausage is hand cranked” t-shirt in a box somewhere.

Just such a huge fan of Jennifer Jasinski.

If you like sushi, Sushi Den is still A+

Sushi Den is great…as is Matsuhisa…but looking forward to something that sounds a little bit different-