If you could only eat at one restaurant in Denver...

Mark, since you mentioned you are limited to lunch, I would say Acorn, Mercantile, or maybe Bones. Euclid Hall could be fun, kind of elevated pub grub with a solid beer program. If you are able to finesse dinner then the aforementioned suggestions of Fruition and Frasca are spot on. Hit up Glazed and Confuzed for some righteous donuts to start your morning.

We liked Frasca but were really bowled over by Black Cat in Boulder. Frasca was a more dressy place / space but I was so mesmerized by the food at Black Cat that I made notes of what we ate … as if we’d ever be able to duplicate that at home!

just went to fruition last night…fantastic.

thank you for the recommendation.

I was very impressed by the Charcuterie program at Colt and Gray. It’s called Viande Meats iirc and it could hold it’s own against the best I’ve seen domestically. You can get access to it at their basement cocktail bar called St. Ellie. I can post pics if anyone cares.

Any “new” Denver restaurants out there not mentioned in this thread or that have revamped, etc…? TIA.

Sketch 'hood, but great food and wine.

I had a good dinner at The Plimoth a couple of weeks back. On the more casual side, great cabrito at Work&Class and some good interpretations of Asian street eats at Cho77(big brother is ChoLon Bistro). Departure just opened in Cherry Creek and it’s receiving some good early press but I have yet to dine there.

any thoughts on Root Down?

We have only been to the one at DIA but it is the best airport restaurant I’ve been to recently.

I had an excellent meal at Root Down last year. So good, that I grabbed a bite at the one at DIA on my way back home.

+1

Buckhorn exchange. Pretty unique.

wanted to report back on my recent trip where I had three different and very good experiences.

Linger
Excellent service and interesting food to say the least. I’d go back. We tried the following:

• Pork Belly Bao Buns
  • Colorado Lamb Kabobs
  • Koran BBQ Tacos
  • Pad Thai
  • Masala Dosa
  • Cricket and Cassava Empanada

Mercantile
Our server was outstanding and super knowledgeable on the food and drinks equally. Most of the food was solid/good, but I think my expectations were really high:

• Marrow Bone Brulée - as good as you’d expect
  • Iberico Ham special - hard not to be amazing
  • Fruition Farms Ricotta Gnudi with morels and white asparagus - delicious
  • Maple Leaf Farms Duck Breast - not bad but not memorable
  • Pan Roasted Broccoli (didn’t get to taste)
    I’d also comment that the Downslope was a killer cocktail - eagle rare ‘mercantile’ single barrel bourbon, lustau vermut, gran classico, sherry, apricot, cocoa nib

Root Down
Popped in here on a whim and ate at the bar…service was great and it was a nice night so the doors were open to the restaurant. Shared the scallops and the lamb sliders which were both fantastic

Eating at Annette in the Stanley Marketplace, and enjoying it quite a bit. I don’t get to Denver often, so I don’t have anything local to compare it to, but I’d absolutely come back. Cool and interesting wine list as well (not extensive, but virtually every selection is interesting to me). As an example, I’m drinking a Sandlands Trousseau…

Bumping for some updates recommendations as I need to be there for 3 nights week after next.

Tavernetta
The Wolf’s Tailor
Beckon
Acorn
Annette
Hop Alley
Ultreia
Fruition
Linger
Root Down

I second Tavernetta and would suggest you go to Boulder if you can to their other place Frasca Food and Wine.

Has anyone been to Safta? Its sister restaurant, Saba, is my favorite restaurant in NOLA. I absolutely love Alon Shaya’s food and I want to check it out

Another Tavernetta rec in Denver.

The Mercantile http://mercantiledenver.com
Sister restaurant to Fruition mentioned above.
Reserve the chef’s table overlooking the kitchen. They have a menu completely separate from the regular menu. You can get it with or without wine parings. One of the best meals I‘ve had in Denver.